Friday 21 January 2022

From TeemuL: Androgynstealers on Gethen [Sarah's Star Yacht] (70 points)

"The Genestealers have no true genders, and require a creature of any species, of any gender, to reproduce. The Genestealer will find a suitable host and hypnotise them into passivity using an effect induced with its eyes."

warhammer40k.fandom.com/


The maelstrom sent me from Coruscant to the inner ring, to the planet Gethen. I had no idea what to paint here, but then I started thinking what miniatures I do have and started to think if Genestealers have genders and according to the Warhammer40k Fandom, they do not, so they are androgyns. Great!


Happily travelling in space, trying to avoid the LV-426 we found ourselves in Gethen, where we found nasty looking androgyn aliens. We quickly start to think a way out.


Nothing special on these Genestealers, painted in the same style as my previous 8 on Klendathu. You might wonder why 3, when 4 would have been better number. The reason is simple, my yound padawan claimed one for himself, it might appear later in the Challenge.

Anyway, enough of Gethen. Luckily there is a local bug exterminator, who kindly catches us a ride on Sarah's Star Yacht on our way to Xanth. What never ending unique talent we find there, probably a squirrel...

She is Janey, Paranormal Exterminator from Crooked Dice. Nice and simple miniature, who got a quick paint job, so I can get out of Gethen. I painted her suit in thinned down blue contrast to get the shadows and then painted white on top. Looks quite good, if I may say so. Pink hair gives futuristic appearance and sunglasses and green gloves give professional authority.


No squirrels this time, these are additions to existing squirrels.
  • 4 models in 28mm scale, 20 points
  • Planet Gethen, 30 points (via Maelstrom)
  • Sarah's Star Yacht, 20 points
Total 60 points

I seem to be more comfortable on the Galactic West...

From Millsy:

Ha! I learned something today, not having known that genestealers were genderless until now. These will be a great addition to your previous entry Teemu. Things like genestealers are always better in droves to represent the hive.

The bugs are great but your exterminator is awesome mate. The eye-watering green gloves contrasted with the pink hair and purple hose is quite something. I love it when people push the colour palette to the max like this!



24 comments:

  1. Love those green gloves, they really pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin, the Challenge made me push them ready.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Peter! I knew the scheme would work, so it was rather joy to paint.

      Delete
  4. Janey is a stunner, but the genestealers are very fine too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness Janey, the Paranormal Exterminator, has arrived. I have a sneaking suspicion we are going to need her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Contrasts work nicely on these textured beasts.

      Delete
  7. Great looking stealers and exterminator!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, I hope to have more of them ready before the Challenge ends.

      Delete
  8. Hi Teemu;
    Jane looks highly efficient, can she come by my house and get the squirrels out of my attic?
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike! Just place an order at Crooked Dice website and she should arrive shortly. :) Glad you liked her.

      Delete
  9. Great work Teemu! I love classic genestealers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, they are iconic, they look scary - rather real. I mean, there are no huge weapons, skulls or any nonsense like that.

      Delete
  10. Clever choice for the location!

    ReplyDelete