Tuesday 29 March 2022

From GeofreyT: Challenge Wrap.

Hello Fellow Challengers,

This was my first challenge and my first attempt at blogging in any form.   I quite enjoyed the challenge and found it a positive experience, and the feedback provided was encouraging.

Here I am in front of a cupboard full of miniatures. 


This is the pile I finished for the challenge.  It was bigger than I expected by a fair margin.  I knew I liked painting miniatures, but wasn't sure how much I'd like blogging about it, so was fairly cautious in my initial estimate I pledged.   I found the blogging an interesting challenge in itself, trying to find a way to communicate about what I had done that was different than the previous time I wrote about it and to try and keep it interesting.


The planet themed based challenges was a good thought exercise, and helped me finish many odds and ends from my strategic reserve of unpainted miniatures.  

Having gamed and collected miniatures for over 40 years, I don't have a lot of need for new stuff, as I have pretty much what I want anyway, so I tend to gravitate towards interesting oddities.  This planet theme was a good outlet for this bent.

Hope to see you all next year.

Kind Regards

Geoff.




15 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for the wrap up posts as it allows me to discover some gems that I missed during the challenge! For a person uncertain about blogging you sure showed off some talent. It was great to see the classic GW chaos figures, loved that time period and you did an excellent job on them. Also your post was very entertaining including the horror picture of those brushes!.
    Hope to see you again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have said it before, but the Challenge does strange things to the output (whether painting output or blogging output) and once you get yourself inside of the wheel and things start running, it works almost by itself. It might change the priorities of your life for three months, but I guess we can live with it. :)
    Very nice output, both in quantity and quality (and may I add variety), especially for a first timer! See you in December!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, Geoffrey! Glad to hear you enjoyed your first Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent first Challenge Geoff, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm delighted you had a good experience Geoff. I really enjoyed your 'oddities' (the clowns totally creeped me out, in a good way) and hope you can join us again next season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an impressive pile of completed figures! Your Asterix figures are still favourites of mine. They were a wonderful reminder of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done Geoff, as Teemu said; no plan survives first contact with the Challenge so you have done great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have proved yourself to be a very worthy Challenger, Geoff! See you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great debut Geoff, well done. I like your description of your lead mountain/pile-o-shame as your "strategic reserve"... I'll have to use that on the wife when the next parcel arrives. Not sure she'll be fooled though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No good armchair general goes without a strategic reserve.

      Delete
  10. Excellent debut. All very colorful and well done. See you next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good collection of stuff and a fine rookie outing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent Geoff, a great result and good to hear you enjoyed the challenge

    cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great eclectic range of entries, I've almost forgotten about the clowns,well I'm working on it anyway!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete