Thursday 8 December 2022

MartinC Workspace and Plans and a picture to scare the kids

 Hi. So this is 9th challenge. Until the challenge I didn't know anyone else who wargamed and had only been to 1 wargames show. Now I'm in  a club and regularly put on games with DaveD and JamesM at shows. I'm Dave's labourer as he has no truck with equality.

I tend to paint a lot of things, quickly, so I tend to do well by weight of figures. I've never come top of the pile, as Miles is actually evil and makes Dave look like a soft touch. I've met Miles and he is annoyingly the nicest man in the world, something else he beat me at. So I sit 2nd on the all time list as the rose between those 2 thorniest of thorns.

I have the advantage of having a spare room to use as a painting room and occasional office. So obviously it's a mess

Pre challenge clutter and sorting out

It's all messy - I am. Yes that is a TV but I tend to have the radio channels on, esp the footie

Have this as your screen saver and the kids will never spend anytime on the internet

My plans are light this year, I've had a bad shoulder for 10 weeks and although I'm better now, I've no idea where I put my mojo. I have about 500pts worth of random stuff to paint, including grey scale WW2 for 02hundred. Once I've cleared them off the table I've got a 15mm Roman legion to paint and 10mm renaissance Polish and Ottoman armies. Then it's a raid of the lead mountain, to be honest my lead mountain is intimidating.
We will see how I progress as I'm minioning Sundays and I expect the Sunday crew to dominate the points table. 
Good luck to you all and I hope to see many of you on the chats, check out the challenge facebook page for links most nights

Martin


30 comments:

  1. Martin "Rose" C... I guess the Thorn Brothers might like their nicknames more...? But who am I to judge. Looking forward to see what you pull out this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Martin, the mess you refer too looks cleaner than mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's those things that you've been wanting to move for 2 years and haven't tat make it seem worse

      Delete
  3. Fantastic. I was chuffed to hear that the Challenge helped connect you to all these wonderful people in addition to our weird and fabulous hobby. I like your hobby room! What does your window look out over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is a small green then a main road then sports fields, 2 miles to the next house in front. not bad for the middle of a city

      Delete
    2. More the middle of a city? No kidding! A great spot to be sure.

      Delete
  4. Hope the wing lets you get on with stuff and your mojo comes back. Still recommend single malt in a sippy cup. I chuckled about using the Challenge to meet gamers, I used the power of internet blogs to connect with Curt who lives within 2 km of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, me too. it's weird how small the world is

      Delete
  5. Good luck in the challenge, hope that arm does not slow you down too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The greyscale WW2 sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does doesn't it. Like painting grey scale, both previous figures

      Delete
  7. Great see you again around, I hope that injury doesn't interfere too much in your plans

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having tried (and failed at) grey scale in a previous challenge, I'm always impressed when others do it. Can't wait to see the minis in all their colourless neutrality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you call that a mess it makes me wonder what you would consider tidy... Anyway, looks a like a great hobby place. I hope the shoulder will keep up and look forward to your projects, especially to the 10mm figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always apologise for the mess, no matter how tidy. Little do they realise this is post tidying up

      Delete
  10. Wasn't Thorn the surname of Damien in the Omen films? Are you trying to tell us something about Miles and Dave? ;)

    Hopefully your mojo will pick up quickly once we get started. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was, always knew you were the smartest in the room

      Delete
  11. Bloody hell, I was gaming with you today and that photo still gave me the heeby jeebies! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set up Martin, I'm going to copy that stare in the hope it puts the fear of God into any opponents and stops them from rolling sixes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, the state however comes with a bag full of 1s

      Delete
  13. Wonderful room, and hear yon on recovery. Am recovering from knee surgery, but if anything it has sparked my mojo due to having to sit more often! Hope you find your mojo soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to your 10mm Poles & Turks!

    ReplyDelete