Saturday 30 March 2024

So, Farewell Then Challenge XIV - From PeteF


 


It's hard to believe that this is it for Challenge XIV.  The time flew by once again.  Thank you Curt.  Thank you Kyle The Sunday Minion.  Thank you Other Minions and organizers.  Thank you Fellow Challengers.

It was not my highest output - but now I work full time I'm happy I got this lot painted after a very slow start in December.  I had some Minifigs Napoleonics in the queue but didn't get them painted in the allotted time.  I did have a large cavalry unit planned for the Antique/Rare books section which I started during the challenge and finished yesterday - not worth any points but here they are! 

6th Chasseurs a Cheval




Although I have a family tradition of Napoleonics, Kings of War - a fantasy rank and flank game from Mantic - is the the game I spend most time playing.  This Challenge I added to my Nightstalkers army with the completion of the gribbly Bloodworms Legions, my Forces of Nature with a Greater Air Elemental and started a new army with the Phoenix.




I'd have procrastinated most of this without the motivation of The Challenge and hope to be back next year to continue to chip away at the Pile of Potential.

7 comments:

  1. That phoenix is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific work Pete. I'm with Barks - that phoenix is fabulous, but I also love seeing your recent addition to your classic Napoleonic Minifig collection. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Challenge, Pete! Yes, the Phoenix is absolutely awesome. I like your Napoleonics, both those painted during and after the Challenge. See you next winter then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of different things painted, Pete! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some luvvly work Pete! Very well done that man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Pete, and loved your painting throughout the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant miniatures Pete, love those Napoleonics!

    ReplyDelete