Friday 20 January 2017

From SteveM: 15mm German Konigstiger Platoon Two Tanks (12 Points)

Scale : 15mm (1/100)
Mfg : Battlefront Miniatures
Product : gbx14, gbx14
Material : metal and resin
Paints: automotive primer, Vallejo Model Color, Winsor &Newton Oil, AK enamel washes, AMMO paint, AMMO pigments, gloss varnish, matt vanish
Details: 2 tanks

Next up are some King Tigers. Cleaner that the other ones I did. These were painted for for a couple kids I know who received some tanks for Christmas. They asked nicely. :)  They wanted both turret types, the Henschel and the Porsche, so I did up both of them.  Hope they like them.

 These ones I skipped the oil paint dot method on the camo and went straight to washes.




REQUEST.....If someone wants to do assembly and cleaning (maybe basecoat?) any miniature and send it to me for the CurtGeld entry fee let me know as I'm looking for someone to partner up with. I'd do willing to do the rest of the painting and basing.  The miniature can be any scale and genre.

regards,
SteveM.


Hi again Steve, and thanks once again for treating us this Friday morning with another lovely pair of King Tigers. I've no doubt the recipients will be delighted with them.
 
I'm not good on my weathering lingo - could you share what the "oil paint dot method" is? 
Phil 

17 comments:

  1. That's a lot of Tigers... They all look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve I would have invited you to our Curtgeld crew (4 of us) but alas it is too late now. All figures painted and sent to the last member who will base them all.

    Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me an email about Curtgeld: teemu.s.laaksonen at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting a bounc on that address. even when I format it correctly. please check and let me know. you can email me at 'tarandesignstudio@gmail.com'

      Delete
  4. They look really good! Great camo and weathering

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pair of cats. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're definitely treating us to a veritable big cat safari today Steve! Lovely stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's an age since I painted any of these... these are so tempting when you see them done as well as these

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am clueless on how to even get started with these so your work makes me grin in admiration

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I'll put together a how-to for an upcoming blog postentry.

      Delete
  9. Brilliant way to diversify, those separate turrets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you're going to give someone a German tank model, given them a classic. Don't give them a Panzer 1 or II. I am sure these were well received.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd be chuffed to have them and I have no 15mm WW2 at all! ;)
    Surely the wherchmacht motor pool is nearly empty except for a few oil spots!

    ReplyDelete