Wednesday 3 January 2018

From RobH : Leonardo Da Vinci Tank/Turtle Car (Vehicle 7 Points)

My first entry for this year's challenge is the Da Vinci tank by Alternative Armies. Not much to add. I was thinking about using it as an element in a HOTT army, but IMO it doesn't properly fit on a 40 mm element so I mounted it on a 50 mm square. It now appears more appropriate to be a camp (Renaissance Tank Park) as opposed to an actual combat element.






From Ray

Nice one Rob, a great start to this years Challenge. I remember try to draw this bugger for my Art O'level back in the 80's. I failed miserable unlike you my good man!
What ever you use it for be it a tank, or camp its a great looking model.
And not a badger in sight!
Da Vinci's tank shall earn you 6 points but I'll add a bonus point for posterity, making a 7 points!


14 comments:

  1. Nice looking renaissance tank!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Happy New Year to you all, and thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff! I like the HOTT 'Tank Park' idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sure we've never seen one of these before. A great way to start Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob, is this evidence of Renaissance UFOs?
    ; )
    Full marks for originality, I've certainly never seen one of these before - great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I too was thinking UFO.Alternative Armies offer some cool minis if you are into HOTT.

      Delete
  6. That is a nice rendition of Leonardo's design! I'd like to plop it in a Renaissance army just for field testing! ;)

    ReplyDelete