Saturday 10 February 2018

From BrendonW - Goblin Cavalry (126)

12 x Goblin Cavalry (28mm) and a dead Dwarf.

This week I present a Cavalry unit to increase my forces for project Goblin Army. These units as most of you would know are probably three projects. The Goblins, the spiders and the large Unit Base. However they all come together at the end. I placed the rider with the strange sickle sword on some rocks leading from the rear which seems correct for Goblins that have a game rule called "Yellow Belly". All of the spiders have become hairy by gluing Flock onto them. I avoided the faces and legs.





Some of the riders I had originally glued to the spiders which did not make it easy to re-paint them. Much easier to paint riders and mount as separate pieces. As a general guide to mount these old GW Night Goblins onto the Spiders it requires chopping off the bottom of them. Use the very lowest part of the hanging belt as a guide. Some Goblins require further cutting to make the lower part a little narrower and it helps to cut off a wedge from the lower back area to help them nestle back further. I did cut some spear points off and repositioned them but its not really noticed in the unit...but I know. The Barrels on the base are a Renedra product and the Dwarf is from Mantic and painted in colours to match my existing Dwarf Army. I did have a plan to place 14 ridrers...then it was 13 riders...but I think 12 is OK in the end.

Cheers from Brendon
_________________

I just love these Brendon, what an awesome unit!  The basing, conversion and little extras just combine perfectly to make a truly unique force, really well done Sir!  I have added some extra points for the prone dwarf, conversion and basing taking this entry to 126 points, cracking stuff Brendon.  

15 comments:

  1. Lovely work Brendon - I do like the shimmer on the backs of the spiders :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful stuff Brendon, very scary looking unit. Numbers don't matter much - I stop counting after 8-10 giant hairy poisonous spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this goblin army every time you add to it!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully thematic unit and I love the way you have made it unique with your personal touches. Great job mate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully creepy work, Brendon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An awesome unit of spider riders Brendon, but that dead Dwarf...tsk tsk...now I need to add your goblins to my Book of Grudges

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blimey .. the stuff of nightmares... lovely job done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are superb Brendon! Your army is going to be a real showpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone. It's been a great journey of discovery so far. Really enjoying painting this army. Hopefully more additions next week.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete