Saturday 17 February 2018

From PaulS: Cometh the hour... cometh the tallymen (100 Points)

Sorry Curt, another batch of Nurgle for you to say you don't normally like!

After the last batch of plague bearers and a thorough read through the Nurgle forums, Plague Bearers seem to do much better in larger blobs, so I just had to take the original batch up to the maximum 30... so today I present another 20. The annoying thing that I found out recently was that the bases on the first lot were the old ones and were no longer valid... so at the same time as having to base all these, I had to rebase the originals as well! (not included in these photos)






The other thing that has happened in the last week or so... GW spotted the GUO from the Musician bonus round on my Instagram feed and asked to use it in their Community Gallery, which I consider a fairly good win :D




20 28mm figures should be 100 points to add to the total

_______________________________

Wow. 

More Plague Bearers. 

You know, I normally don't... <Sigh>.  Great work Paul! I like these guys' blue peepers and their nasty corroded blades. Though I know it's annoying that you had to rebase the early recruits it must be nice to have them all uniform and legal like. 

Also, a HUGE congrats for having your amazing Great Unclean One selected for the GW Community Gallery - it's great to see your work getting promoted and enjoyed through a large commercial forum.

Another 100 plague born points for you Mr. Smith. 

Gee whiz, any chance that you'll be submitting more Nurgle stuff soon? ;)

_______________________________

12 comments:

  1. Great figures, they make me shudder and thus they are very realistic and brilliantly done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The intention is to have painted up a small Maggotkin force by the end of the challenge, so I would expect one or two more entries with this theme ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work on these Paul, I'm pretty sure I've had some of them infest my sinuses and lungs this month. Congrats on the GW win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be right. Since these things started arriving in the post at work, half the office has been off ill!

      Delete
  4. Wonderfully grotesque! Well done being asked to participate in a gallery. Gone are the days it seems when they would set the legal dogs on you for some sort of IP infringement instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Paul! I've been thinking about doing a Nurgle force myself and trying to figure out a paint scheme that's a bit different from the normal green. Your dark tones really look amazing on them. Might just have to copy a tiny bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to copy. I'm sure some brighter greens will turn up at some point

      Delete
  6. More great looking nurgle nastiness!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good stuff, and congratulations on the GW recognition!

    ReplyDelete