Friday 15 March 2019

From Brettm: Marines, Cars and more Pirates (215 points)

Been  painting on these Cars for a while now. Got stuck on how to do the windshields. Smaller vehciles I easily paint black with some grey streaks etc. However for these 28-32mm Vehicles I would love any and all recommendations on windshields.


Looking to pain them fast as they are really just terrain pieces. So I stuck with black and did a grey outline around edges of the front and rear windshields/windows. The passenger ones I just put grey on the bottom of the windows. 
 These are from Mantic and a kickstarter I backed. Kickstarter was from Kore Aeronautics. Still have about 8 other vehicles to paint. 
These guys I picked up on another sale a while back. First stuff I have painted anything WW2 for Pacific theater.
 Didnt do much work to the bases. Was trying to make it look like rocky beach.
 May end up putting some decals on the front of those Jeeps. Don't have any at the moment though.


Finally some Pirates. These are from Firelock games and are from the French faction.

 All of them together



One of the models from this group actually snapped off at the foot. I don't have any pinning materials so didnt finish painting him till I get some. 

I'm trying not to paint all these pirates in generic colors so I can use them in any game and be able to mix match them. I have painted a few to the countries actual colors so far. Rather leave it open to use them in any pirate game.

I believe we are looking at 36 points for the 15mm infantry. 24 points for the 15mm vehicles. 55 pts for the 28mm pirates. Not sure what the vehicles would be point wise. Total of 115 points plus whatever for the Vehicles.

__________________________________________________________________

And Brett brings us more French, more allies of . . . the French, and well, the French drive cars, oui? That's why it's called a Grand Prix, and not some silly English words. Oi, you in the Peanut Gallery, yes, we know English is a violent thug that beats up other languages in back alleyways for a few bits of vocabulary.

I wouldn't say you need to do anything to change the windshields on those cars. You've done a very good job with them. 28mm vehicles are 20 points a pop, so those are a cool hundred.

I'm not quite sure what those things on the trucks are, aside from 15mm vehicles. But I've been out of the Flames of War world for a while, and will probably find a different set of rules for may 15mm WWII. Look Sarge, no Charts! and Battlefront are my two leading contenders. Still, they're quite spiffy. 

Ah, yes, the drama of legs popping off. I know that sad feeling well. I generally use flower wire to fix them, especially if you have other parts of the miniature to secure to the base.

215 points in the bin for you, sir! 

9 comments:

  1. Nice mix-and-match entry Brett :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Brett! I love those Firelock minis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. For the glass on stuff like this I use the 'non-glassy-glass' method: http://scrivsland.blogspot.com/2014/02/empress-scw-truck.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely varied post, the pirates are great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great entry Brett. Those pirates are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Brett, love the pirates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff Brett, painting windscreens can be a pain indeed. Sometimes I pull it off but more often I totally ruin a good vehicle by a bad job. Yours look really good so no worries in that department mate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work- good luck with the windows!

    ReplyDelete