Friday 8 March 2019

From PeteF: Old School Minifigs - The Prussians are Coming (120 points)


I get a lot of help while I'm painting and sometimes bayonets are mysteriously removed

If you've read some of my other minifigs posts you'll know that I am blessed with a gigantic Anglo-Allied 100 Days collection. However, if I'm ever going to refight Waterloo I'll need quite a few Prussians to arrive on the left flank later in the day (let alone the French).

The first Prussian battalion... of 141?


Every journey begins with a single step and the first step of the Prussian Waterloo (or 100 Days?) army is the 1st battalion, 10th Infantry Regiment, 13th Brigade, IV Corps. I think they were some of the troops who beat up the Young Guard at Plancenoit.

Buttony trousers


Although the sculpts are basic and lack variety I love Minifigs. Painting these Prussians was fun - and thanks to the trusty Ospreys and the Centjours website the uniform research was easy - however, I never did figure out what colour the drummer's plume should be.





I won't live long enough and/or paint fast enough to finish the project - leaving the French aside, the 100 days Prussian army included 25 infantry regiments and  22 Landwehr regiments, each with 3 battalions!

Flag downloaded from wargflag.com and printed on linen paper


In any event - all lead deserves paint and my weakness for adding to the mountain means that I have several  boxes of these guys to paint and will always be looking for more.



24 x 25mm infantry for 120 points. All 2nd generation Minifigs.


__________________________________________________________________

And now for some anti-French. Though, of course, the Prussians were vassalized after Jena, and so they could be sent to Russia . . . so Frenchish!

Minifigs en masse sure do the trick, though their older 10mm and 15mm figures can be quite nice. Always liked the AIM cuirassiers.


120 points on the board!



8 comments:

  1. Haha, that pic of you and your furry companion is brilliant. A great first step indeed. I never get tired of seeing these old school minifigs, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed good to see those excellent old soldiers march again and with such nice uniforms, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see the old Minifigs get new life - I still have the very first I bought, in 1968, but they never make it to the tabletop. Nicely painted - I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a couple of minifigs in my ECW armies,I figure were all different sizes and they were the first figures I got for the project in about 1980! Yours are to a much higher at standard,theyre great,a lovely finish on these chaps!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see your furry master/mistress overseeing your painting efforts! :)

    Nice work on the Prussians :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on those classics - brings back memories of a local model shop that used to sell them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the old school Minifigs, very classic toy soldier poses and they paint up well. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete