Saturday 28 December 2019

From SamuliS: Two Horsemen of the Apocalypse (20 points)

Time to get myself on the points board once again in another edition of the challenge! By my counts this should be the eighth one I've participate in. As the world was maybe a bit more optimistic when I was a participant the first time I figured a suitable apocalyptic submission would be in order to kick the challenge of from my side this time around.

Two leaders who seem to be bent on watching the world go down in flames. So when I noticed that Red Star Coven had a Kickstarter for miniatures of BoJo and Trump riding A-Bombs into oblivion in the style of Dr. Strangelove I just had to get them.

Quick paintjobs just to get me on the board as Christmas has been pretty hectic and I'll be travelling for a couple of weeks at the start of next year so painting time will be quite limited. Luckily with suits and black bombs the palette was extremely limited anyways so I managed to crank these out fast.




"I never understood wind. I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous—if you are into this—tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right?"





"Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3"

I must say I was slightly tempted to put these in for the Reidy's Reef Challenge Island task. As both of these world leaders seem to promote environmental politics that seem to lead us towards us living in Waterworld with the rising temperatures and melting ice caps they could probably be considered a nautical subject ;)

Anyways two mounted 28mm miniatures to get me started with 20 points.


____________________________


Fat Man and Little Boy, indeed. Great work Samuli. These two figures are sadly very inspired, but you've done a terrific job on them (though one could be a tad more orange imho). I seem to recall that bombs would often have witty epithets written on them, we should have a poll for the best one-liners for these two. ;)  

Welcome back to the Challenge, Samuli. See you in a few weeks.

-Curt


18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, got too political for my own liking.
      Excellent painting Samuli! Welcome on Challenge Island. Fitting miniatures of those two...people.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant stuff! These made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jamie, I really had fun reading this post, great one Samuli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun figures and great painting, Samuli :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't think there have been many atomic bomb mounted entries before! Thanks enjoyed this entry - question how did you highlight the black colour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a dark grey base with two lighter grey tones for highlights and a black wash on top. The highlights were maybe a bit too bright, but I don't think I've ever managed to paint black to a level that I like :D

      Delete
  6. Fun post Samuli! Further comment have been suppressed by house censors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work on these, my chum Drew gifted me one of these and I also plan to get it completed this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun post and nice painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent post, Samuli, and really clean painting of a couple of dirty bombs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Genius, this time next year we will all be bankrupt and speaking Russian.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Samuli - excellent little models, and super paint jobs on both of the "boys". I'm not sure if we've had a controversial entry before ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great fun (by Jove, we need a bit with these two about). I would be tempted to paint "Get Challenge Done" on BoJo's, and "Make Challenge Island Great Again" on the Orange One's.

    Cheers,

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the comments everyone!

    @Curt: Yeah Trump is maybe a bit too normal coloured :D But getting that right shade of spray tan seemed to be impossible so I went with a human looking skintone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, painting evil braindead crimelords can be tough. It's all in the shading, I think. :)

      Delete
  14. Great figures! Would be nice to have a Putin and Kim as well.

    ReplyDelete