Thursday 13 February 2020

From DaveD - 15 mm Tanks - Hit the Beach 120pts

I am now fully into the swing of the 15mm part of the painting plan. So first up I have new items for my US 1944 ETO. Last year I played a large Utah beach game (Link here)and these items are to further enhance the invasion beach items.

So I have 6 classic Sherman DD’s (taking me to 10 in total now)


More units to add to my 70th Tank Battalion for Utah Beach

Following a conversation with JamesM of this parish we found some 3D print designs for  deep wading kits to add to the tanks. I was going to magnetise these so they could be removed , but in the end with  Battlefronts “Hit the Beach” set  being such good value (I ended up buying one and being given the Sherman's from 2 of them !). I just went with having more tanks!

So I have 4 with deep wading kits , 3 of those are also dozer equipped - they represent units from  70th Tank Battalion that landed on Utah Beach on D Day. There is also an armoured bulldozer to help clear those troublesome obstacles



I really like these , and I don't think I have ever seey any on a gaming table.
Nice to have something unique too.

Then as I had some M10’s spare (as you do - well I do/did...) I added wading kits to them . While they didn’t actually land any TD units on D Day itself , they just looked too coool .. so they will be in my next re run of the Utah beach game this summer.





So it’s 15 vehicles x 8 points = 120 points

The next lot of tanks are already lining the docks ready for departure to a blog post near you!

I played the Utah game, may have been the best game ever. Dave rocks up with a few tanks, there will be millions more, i wonder what the largest US vs German tank battle was as james has more than Dave


19 comments:

  1. Lovely looking amphibious armour!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Dave.

    Where did the armoured bulldozer come from? That's a pretty cool addition to the group...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a battlefront flames of war D7 dozer .. I now have two!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous work Dave! Your D-Day collection is absolutely stunning and these will fit in nicely with the rest. And of course I too have a few TD's sitting in a drawer... albeit in 28mm ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Nick. They do all need stowage stuff adding at some point , but I like to do that 1 or two at time to get some real variety - so that will be a separate post challenge project

      Delete
  4. Great stuff Dave, these will help you clear the beaches in no time. Never let history stand in the way of a great model tank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I hope they will . Too right .. where would Hollywood be eh!

      Delete
  5. Going with more tanks is always the better choice. Those wading kits really look great - I love the baffled exhausts as well. Ace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Rule of Cool always trumps historical accuracy - and these are really cool!
    ; )
    Quite the force you have there, though I must question the lack of camels...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see the #notatanker!

    ReplyDelete