Saturday 15 February 2020

From ScottM: Burch's Bluff: Rausenburg Army Squad (80 Points)

Continuing down the Path of the New Shiny, we arrive at Burch's Bluff and it's 30K theme. I don't actually play 40K (or 30K for that matter), but at one point I was considering it. At the time I had picked up a bunch of infantry and heavy weapon teams from Victoria Miniatures. Perfectly suited for use as Imperial Army in 30K. Here is a 10-woman Rausenburg Siege Corps squad of infantry.





I went with a Prussian type paint scheme and I think they turned out quite nicely. The resin figs themselves are quite nice and have all sorts of bits and bobs that can be attached. If you're looking for some squads that aren't bog-standard GW Imperial Guard, I'd recommend giving Victoria Miniatures a look. That completes Burch's Bluff as we continue our trek across the island.


So that should be: 10 28mm foot figs = 50 +30 (location bonus) = 80 points.

***

A very nice entry here Scott, and very fitting for guard in 30k.  I really like the miniatures and the colour choices here.  The overall look and colour choices make me think almost more Great War French rather than Prussian, but the blue would need to be a little more pale for that, but they do remind me a lot of my WW1 french.

Great work here Scott, keep it coming!

- ByronM

8 comments:

  1. I really like your take on these miniatures, if Ozz wouldn't be so far away, I would have ordered some of their stuff long ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking guard, really nice figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Scott. Couldn't agree with you more re: Victoria Miniatures - they are far superior to the current plastic Cadians from GW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice figs. I like the weathering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great looking PDF force for 30K Scott. I agree with Byron, with that sky blue they almost have a French Poilu look about them. An excellent interpretation of the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work Scott. They look suitably generically Teutonic rather than Fenc( to me. Bavarians wore a similar paler blue in the horse and musket era.

    ReplyDelete