Wednesday 18 March 2020

From TamsinP: Small Buildings (8 Points)

Having painted all of the figures I had planned to paint (plus some that I hadn't planned), I found myself in something of a quandary about what I should paint during the final few days of the Challenge. I do have a couple of large projects waiting to be painted, but didn't want to start in on those as I intend to take a week off after Friday.

Among my smaller projects were some buildings that I had prepped (but not painted) for AHPC IX, so I decided to paint them.

A day or so later, here are the final results.


10mm "Black Powder Era" Buildings

01/04/2020 Edit - actually, they are 6mm - no wonder they were so fiddly to paint!









These will be used as terrain for my 15mm Seven Years War gaming.


15mm Adobe Buildings

01/04/2020 Edit - actually, they are 10mm!





I bought these to use with my North African/Middle Eastern ancients armies.


The buildings are all from Timecast. For scoring, they come out as 8 x 6 x 1.5 inches = 72 cubic inches, so 1/3 of a cube, which rounding up gives me 7 points for these (unless whoever minions this post takes pity on me and gives extra for all that tiny "half-wood" detailing I've had to paint).

***

"Having painted all of the figures I had planned to paint..." Tamsin, this is a curious use of the English language...I recognize the individual words, but the overall concept together makes no sense...that implies you, like, "finished" something...how can that happen in this hobby?

Well, regardless of these strange words and concepts, the buildings look great! Consistent with the excellent standard we have all come to expect from you. Those ones up at the top in particular are awesome, and would look perfect with my 10mm Franco-Prussian War project as well...that reminds me, I should probably paint more of that stuff...

While I hesitate to quibble at your calculations, when I fiddled with the scoring, it told me "8" because I think you have just a slight bit more than 1/3 of a cube here.  So eight points it shall be, as one cannot argue with Miles' spreadsheet without a possible visit from a Deep One. 

GregB

17 comments:

  1. Finished everything I had prepped? What madness is that?! Lovely finish on the buildings!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking BUAs Tamsin. Obviously you need to be better prepped in this time of crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Tamsin. I like the blue slate roofs.

    '...a week off after Friday'? Aren't you retired? Like, 'every day is a day off' retired?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely, Tamsin. Even 8 points seems a little mean for such nice buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work Tamsin! Those Black Powder era buildings should work equally well for the Fall of the Reich if you’re so inclined *nudge*

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice buildings, really like the church

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Greg - thanks! Please note that I did not say "I have painted all the minis", just what had been planned to get me to 1300 points without bonuses. :)

    @ Iain - cheers! Not everything I had prepped, just what I had planned to paint. :)

    @ Peter D - thanks! The thing is that I wasn't planning on a high output this year. :)

    @ AdamC - cheers! :)

    @ Curt - thanks! A week off from painting! I've got lots of reading to catch up on. :)

    @ Noel - cheers! It does seem very low when you consider how much detail there is to paint. :)

    @ Nick - thanks! There are many uses the European buildings can be put to. :)

    @ John - cheers! :)

    @ Martin - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the buildings - Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic buildings, Tamsin - they will, without any doubt, grace any battlefield! I particularly love the German church, topped with gilded tower. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Top work, send a copy to Barrie and Mark at Timecast too please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Ray - cheers! :)

    @ Sidney - thanks! They've been sitting unpainted for a few years, so it was about time I go them done. :)

    @ Will - cheers! I'll send them pics at some point, if I remember! :)

    ReplyDelete