Wednesday 12 January 2022

From RayR - Sarah's Star Yacht & Arda (75 points)

  


For only my second post in this the 12th Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge, I'm taking a trip on Sarah's Star Yacht from my massively successful Pointy Ears at Vulcan!!! to the pleasant surroundings of Arda.
 
For payment for this trip I'd like to introduce you to Becky Burton the buxom18th Century barmaid.
Becky is from the wonderful chaps at Col Bill's and can be found here, for £3.25




Upon arrival at planet Arda, I chose the Tolkienesque route after I found these sitting in my unloved box. They are obviously from Games Workshop and represent 6 Warriors of Minas Tirith.
 
I do have a few more of these as well as some other bits and bobs that may pop up a little later, IF I can't work out what else to paint for this years bonus rounds.



And so to the points

Becky 5pts
Sarah's Star Yacht 20pts

Minas Tiranth Warriors 30 pts
Arda/Tolkienesque 20 pts

So altogether 75pts
 
***
 
Hello Ray - it always a touch of torture welcome opportunity to practice meditation when I am forced to have the opportunity to review and post your excellent brushwork. Completely, 100% unrelated to any feelings I might have in that regard, here is, once more, a link to Tamsin's excellent and very helpful guide on how to format and prepare your posts, so they will appear as something which can be read and understood and not be formatted as some manner of obscure hobby web haiku. All Challengers should feel free to review it once more...perhaps the in-flight entertainment on Sarah's Star Yacht will allow you to take a quick look at it.
 
As ever your painting pace continues to impress Ray, and the figures look great, well done. 
 
GregB

38 comments:

  1. And more Lotr goodness! Nice barmaid, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet more Tolkien models, it really has become the theme this year, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Ray, I think I may have some old LoTR figures in the stash somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ray painting fantasy figures? Good heavens above! Nice brushwork, mate! :)

    lol @ Greg! I know the feeling well, having had to do a fair bit of re-formatting yesterday! :)

    Oh, and don't be fooled folks - that "wench" is a bear in disguise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice wench and great looking lotr types!Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall refrain from commenting on Betsy’s earthenware, but she is looking good, as are the stalwart men from Minas Tirith. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! It is great to see so many LotR miniatures this Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're nit my favourite Natasha, but needs must and all!

      Delete
  8. Nice work on the figures Ray.
    Greg my condolences for having Ray on your watch. What did you do piss Curt off?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on the barmaid Tay and those warriors look ready to end some troublesome orcs!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll be troubling the inside of a box Chris.

      Delete
  10. I love all the LoTR minis popping up here! (I am painting some Rohirrim right now) Great barmaid Ray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to fit in, in nearly every bonus round.

      Delete
  11. Excellent brushwork Ray (Fantasy? What?)

    My condolences Greg. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the civilian. Who doesn’t have some LOTR miniatures laying about. Great work and I too face the struggle of formatting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember ever having to move all the writing to the left before?

      Delete
  13. She looks like she would be generous with her … pours.
    Well done Ray.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete