Monday 2 January 2023

Side Duels Update One!


Happy New Year everyone!

Duels Wallah Millsy here with an update on all though Side Duels. We've had a slow start but thing have started ramping up in the last few days. Before we get into the update, a short administrative note...

PLEASE submit each update separately. If an entry qualifies for two or more Side Duels, that's two plus Side Duels forms to submit too. It makes it much easier for me to accurately tabulate your scores as I can filter the sheet by the selected Side Duel question. Thanks!

UPDATE. Please don't submit your Side Duels form until your submission is live!

And now, the stuff you've been waiting for...

A Squirrel a Day

StuartL and KyleC have raced into an early lead, currently sharing the yellow squirrel hat at 4 points each. BenitoV is following up on 2 points, with ChrisW also on the board with 1 point. The rest of you are tardy laggards with nothing to your names. Disgraceful! Edit 04/01 StuartL is on 6 points and AdamC has 1 point also.

Ask and ye shall receive Peter!

Carausius Emperor of Britain

PeterD is the only duellist to score so far with 40 points. With so little competition Britain and all it's treasures are his for the taking.

SPQR

Doing double duty with his entry PeterD is also on the board here with 40 points. Again, all on his own with a score it seems it really is lonely at the top.

Turnip28

AlanD is a turnip-lover second only to Baldric as things stand, racing into the lead on 109 points. Curt's making a showing on 40 points but nobody else has been down to the root cellar as yet.

Neverending Cold War

DaveD would likely be happy if the cold war DID end today with his score of 90 points. As the only duellist to score so far he'd walk away with the chocolates as things stand.

Airbrushes at Dawn

KyleC has a cool 3 points to his name so far, pursued at a leisurely gait by Curt on 1 point. Everyone else is still doing up their laces and looking for the compressor hose apparently.


And that's it. No other Side Duel has been scored thus far! Crazy I know and yours truly is just as guilty as everyone else. Please let me know if I have made an error or missed something. Stay tuned for another update a week or so from now.

Millsy Actual Out

19 comments:

  1. Can I get a recount on Alan's turnip patch? By my review of the posts he's only had one entry this year for 35 points...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it seems Alan has a post ready to go, but not yet published. I'll update the admin post above...

      Delete
    2. This smacks of some kind of insider Antipodean points racket. Just who put you charge, Mr. Mills? Oh, wait... :P

      Delete
    3. I blame the English. If you send all your riff raff here you can hardly expect any better.

      Delete
  2. Can we get a picture of the yellow squirrel hat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. some interesting numbers so far then in the challenges... and a good point about multiple form entries.. will remember that for the future bits then :D

    Now come on Curt.. break out that Airbrush a bit more eh? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on it. Hopefully something soon...

      Delete
  4. I believe I have a squirrel point for the doll house/barn but if it has been rules that doesn't count so be it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any record of it on my scoresheet/form mate, but have added 1 point based on your comment. Did you submit the entry?

      Delete
    2. I put the Squirrel tag on the entry and made reference in the post was there another step that I missed?

      Delete
  5. I'm fairly sure I should be on 6 Squirrels so far. I'm sure I submitted all my entries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies mate, your triple entry tripped me up. Fixed!

      Delete
  6. No panic yet, I will wait until the flurry of the last week lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new rules to submitt entries through the form was confusing initially. Bottom line, no submission until the post entry is live, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am some way off my side duel as I still haven't assembled anything apt for the renaissance, still time though!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete