Monday 27 February 2023

From PaulSS: WWII Germans -- 63pts

 

Victoria and I have been away this week for a break in Cornwall, but, as usual I packed paints and brushes to take with us. Unfortunately, I forgot to pack the daylight lamp, but a swift order to Amazon rectified that issue.

Infantry section

I've not done as much painting as I would have hoped, but did manage to get a few more German infantry, command and support bases done for the ongoing O Group project.

5cm mortar section

Machine-gun team

Infantry team with Panzerschreck

Observer team

Patrol marker

Pendraken do a very nice German sentry post, I'm not sure what usage it will see but I thought I'd paint one up for table dressing.



58 12mm infantry and a 5 point claim for the guard post, soldier and hound combined will add 63 points to my total taking me tantalizing near to my goal!

Squirrel Duel Tally: 4 (40K Kroot, Gaslands, WW2 US, WW2 German)

You are getting some lovely results on these 12mm figures Paul.  I really like the basing, especially was your flocking blends in. nicely with your terrain mat.  I really like that guard post, I am sure that you can find uses for that on table.

My group has experimented with O Group recently, and it looks like it's a no on our side.  Unlike others in O(ur) Group I found the rules easy to read, learn and play, but they felt a bit antiseptic at times.


14 comments:

  1. Lovely looking Germans, the sentry post is a really nice touch!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work. Love the sentry post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely brushwork Paul. That sentry post is a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, Paul! You are a brave man, my wife barely gives me time to paint at home, she would do horrible things if I painted minis on vacation! ;)
    I like that sentry post, nice details for 12mm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely painted and unlike our minion-of-the-day I'm all for O'Group

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minion du jour had no problems with O Group but my playing group were not fans at all.

      Delete
  6. Great stuff, Paul! Sentry piece is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Germans look great, but it is the sentry point that steals the show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking bases mate, love the sentry Post and guard dog 🐕

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent work, Paul. They are really all little vignettes, the sentry post is very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, love the sentry post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everybody.
    @David after may years we have an understanding...

    ReplyDelete