Thursday 30 March 2023

DavidB- Finished(?) forces

Although the snow and cold still lingers, Spring has sprung with tulips fighting through the thawing ground, Adepticon was here and is gone, and AHPC has come to a close. It was a pretty good time for me as I now have many new forces to play with when a chance to game comes around. The White Scars above are a prime example.

When combined with the ones painted last year, The White Scars are complete enough to game with although I would still like to add more bikes, assault infantry, and tanks and APCs.

The Iron Snakes were also completed and with the troops added to the ones from last year, they are a very large horde and will be able to properly fight Razor's Blood Angels with no troops being in an unfinished state.



My Chaos forces have a boost with new troops and the Milita is now sufficient to field without marine support. I will probably keep the few Alpha legion marines just for fluff purposes.


My Eldar forces have been painted with a veritable force in and of itself getting painted for the first time. A goliath gang was completed and a new one started. Several Imperial Agents and a titan were completed. The Corsairs and Death Korps have added to both 40k and also increased my number of available Kill Teams to play with.


More 1st Nation, two Mordenheim bands, a silver bayonet force, and scores of D&D figures were completed....My son already has the ones I painted for his collection someplace in his crime scene of a room...😨

I made serious inroads on my MERCS collection. The cyberpunk minis have also jump-started the 5150 New Hope City project. The MERCS and Cyberpunk figures are also perfect for Star Grave too.


I had weekend duty so I was unable to stay long at Adepticon as I left the con on Friday.  A Christmas gift of Gallowdark joins a hefty haul of new miniatures. I still have samurai, aeronautica imperialis, and flames of war bits I did not get to this time, so the mountain of neglect has not shrunk too much. Warlord Games did bring some FIW troops in exchange for cash and beer...I should have plenty to prep on rainy days.

This was definitely a productive run this time and I will have plenty of quality minis to play with. It was a grand time seeing all the work that fellow challengers completed and quite a few have inspired a few new projects I may pursue in the future. A friend has offered to give me a copy of Horus Heresy in exchange for painting an army for him, My brushes may be kept out a bit longer! Now I have to turn out gear and get ready for further training, work, and family time....but without extensive hours at the painting desk! Thank you once again to Curt and Sarah for the painting time and all of the minions for the assistance in keeping the challenge gears moving. Thank you also to all of my fellow challengers for the kind words and encouragement and the steady flow of miniature eye candy. I hope to see all of your brushwork again when the snows come!

 

30 comments:

  1. Well done David, great effort, I thought the White scars were particularly good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerry! White Scars have been a favorite faction for a long time, just took me a few years to get the techniques to do them!

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of painted minis in 3 months, David! Well done! So many WH40K minis there, for example. And you seem to be ready for the next Challenge, too. :) See you in December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teemu! I am pretty lucky that my wife allows me to escape household duties during the challenge, although the honey-do list is extraordinary lengthy now! ;)

      Delete
  3. Well done on such a productive challenge. My particular favourites were your Iron Snakes. (That may be slightly due to my love of the book!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter! Petrok and his fellow Iron Snakes are a loved Abbnet book by myself too. They were a rabbit hole I fell into trying nmm, a failed experiment. I liked the gray brown armor too much to quit and now 4 years later...an army! ;)

      Delete
  4. Great level of output David but it looks like you still have plenty to work on 😁 so look forward to seeing you again next time around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have an eclectic horde to keep me occupied at the desk, I've even begun the task of planning terrain boards too!

      Delete
  5. Impressive output. I'm amazed: what you can produce in just three months, I'd probably need three years. See you back in December

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm just lucky enough to be allowed to paint in the winter months mostly uninterrupted. Household-6;has me back on the chain gang now though!

      Delete
  6. It certainly was a productive Challenge, David! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tamsin! As much as I did, that carrot ship of yours was a massive production....and assesories!

      Delete
  7. Very impressive, David, great to see it all together. See you in Challenge XIV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to figure storage of all the painted forces, but plans are developing for next season!

      Delete
  8. Well done Dave, you got loads painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ray! Storage and family duties now that challenge season is over. Your haul definitely seems the keener choice for storage options! ;)

      Delete
  9. Great stuff David - I see we share many projects and interests! Pity we don't live within gaming distance :-) Congrats on your voluminous AHPC output!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul! I am close to retirement and that means travel...although if the climate and fishing is good, I could be an expat gamer! ;)

      Delete
  10. Some awesome output David!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic wrap up post, David. I really enjoyed all your work this year, especially your White Scars and Mordheim figures. I am very envious of your Adepticon haul (we may have to do a Battletech duel next winter). And a great final picture of your mug. Have a great remainder of the year, and we'll see you next December, Mr. B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Curt! Big(sorta) stompy robots!? Count me in! ;) white scars will be around for awhile. I am looking at 30k and came a whisker close to getting jagheti at Adepticon. Definitely won't be able to resist him if they do another such deal!

      Delete
  12. Very impressive, David! Well done on the skullz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Barks! I only have orks and empire with a few odds and ends left in my old skool pile. This season was extra special for the amount of old miniatures that finally got painted...now most of my pile is 10 years old or younger....perhaps I have a problem!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great productive challenge David, I really enjoyed your 40k kit and off the back of one of your posts I had to buy some older Eldar ranges figures to paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      HA! it is good to know I have corrupted someone else in the challenge as so many have corrupted me! I am still seeking the old lead eldar dreadnoughts so I can count my own force completed!

      Delete
  15. Loved the White scars, impressive output in volume and quality!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iain! The White Scars will return with the snows, I'm looking at a pile of 30k stuff now! ;)

      Delete
  16. Well done David. Always entertaining, always chaotic, always enthusiastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Peter! More enthusiasm, chaos and entertainment on the way next winter!

    ReplyDelete