Wednesday 20 March 2024

A final round up from PeterB

Hi All. Well I have been struggling to not take a nap today. This evening is the first in a while that the painting tray has been put away and I am just relaxed on the sofa. The brushes will not be mothballed though as I have a couple of models in progress that I need to finish up for next month's painting competition at Salute. I entered for the first time last year and didn't place anything, but it was just a rush putting something in that glass cabinet.

This years challenge I had a couple of projects to work on. My WW2 Australians will continue and my 2nd Edition 40K project is still missing a couple of key models I would like to add to it. (If anyone has a proper Orky dread going cheap I am interested!) My to do pile is still pretty large (plenty more Orks, Arbites and Spam looking for paint.) Plus I am sure I will come home from Salute with a bag full toy soldiers.

This is my third year now and as everyone knows, you do something more than twice it becomes a tradition. Well then, here is my traditional double thumbs up photo of myself and everything I painted this challenge (Well, almost everything, I forgot the five Arbites.)

I want to say thank you to Curt and Sarah for having the crazy idea for this challenge and all the Minions especially Sylvain for putting up with us all, including my terrible maths. Thank you to everyone who made kind comments on my posts, I have tried to keep up with the posts myself and give feedback but they come so thick and fast I can only apologise for missing some. I assure you even if I didn't comment, I did read all the posts, you are all a talented bunch. 

And finally, if you are in the UK I will see you next month at Salute. (If you aren't there, I will silently mourn all the fun you will be missing out on.)



11 comments:

  1. My favorites were your 2nd Edition 40K figures. Hope to get across the pond and see Salute (and a few Historical sites of interest) when my wife retires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Peter; your Blood Angels were a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic 40k Ork army! Good to be a Monday Team member with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent turnout this year, Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work all around, Peter, I liked all your contributions, but particularly the library entries. Jeanne de Clisson was great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work,loved the spam, going to miss Salute this year,family wedding,oh well!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. A big thumbs up Peter!!! See you at Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a great Challenge Peter. My favourites were the squig riders and the 40K Dreads. Well done and have a terrific time at Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, great thumbs, and enjoy Salute!

    ReplyDelete