Friday 15 March 2024

From Iain W: 28mm Late Roman cataphracts (50 points)

Here are five Foundry 28mm cataphracts, lovely figures if a little on the small side by today's standards. They are the start of a Dux Bellorum army to go with my Picts, Irish and pagan Saxons, they're on a 120mm sabot base so I can use them for Impetus, Hail Caesar, To the Strongest or Lion Rampant, each one is individually based on a Perry plastic base that fits in my homemade balsa and mdf sabot base which unlike the individual bases needs a few more processes! 






At least I got one Late Roman unit done, so I hope that keeps Peter happy?! I've got a few units semi finished but they will get done post challenge together with a Caterina Sforza command stand that's just a bit too late, I might get one more post in but it will be a last minute visit to the  library on Monday when I get back from the principality as I'm up here for my daughter's twenty first birthday on Sunday, so no painting this weekend! 

Scores 5 x 10 28mm mounted 

Total 50 points

All the best 

Iain

From Millsy: Time for a bit of free fire minioning and being first to get stuck in that means I get to pick stuff I'm interested in! Love what you have done with these Ian, particularly the variation in armour colours whilst maintaining a cohesive look. The red dragon banner really sets them off too. Are these Steve Saleh sculpts? His stuff is just beautiful and they have that look from my POV. Nice work!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely work on these 'tanks' of antiquity, Iain! Enjoy your visit with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, these are very well executed Iain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you’ve actually painted some Romans! Lovely work on these veteran figures. Great sabot basing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Iain,I do love late Roman’s

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cataphracts always look totally bonkers to me - how strong must those horses have been?!?! Cracking work on these, well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Iain! Cataphracts FTW!

    ReplyDelete