Friday 15 March 2024

From Paul OG: Roman Baggage elements (33 points)

Yes I know I said I had submitted my last post but I got home from my travels early enough to get these baggage elements finished before I departed again.


First up is this Centurion's Tent by Debris of War. A lovely one piece resin model, it really sets the Camp scene well. The design is of leather panels stitched together with goat skin reinforcing over the seams


And if you are setting up the Centurion's tent, then it needs supplies- in this case a wine cart! This is by War Bases and comprises a mdf wagon, metal oxen and a resin insert for the wine amphorae. I added the grass to give the impression of straw packing around them


Points wise:

  • the tent has the volume of approx 1/8 of a standard terrain cube, being 2.5 points
  • for the cart I propose 12 points, being 2 x 28mm Oxen and 2 points for the cart & wine jars
How thematic that my last post is dated on the Ides of March!

From Millsy: Good to see you safely home from your travels Paul. Clearly the lack of brush time has been playing on your mind if you jumped straight back onto the tools on your return! I've always found these Roman tents a weird affair, so overengineered with all the ropework on the outside but they're certainly iconic for the same reason. Nice work on the oxen and cart, I like the way you've represented the straw packing. I've scored the cart as a vehicle which means your total is 33 points for your final(?!?) entry mate.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back home, Paul. These are terrific. I especially like the vases with the straw packaging. Brilliant bit of modelling there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt- yes I was happy how that came out. Great little model by Warbases.

      Delete
  2. Well done Paul, great way to transport wine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! Lovely bits of Roman baggage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somewhere to sleep and something to drink- very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice indeed! Wherever it sits on the table, that cart will be a priority target.

    ReplyDelete