Friday 8 March 2024

From RichardM - Napoleonic Saxon Artillery and Italian Cavalry 6mm Adler - 125 points

This time I have some more of the Adler Napoleonic project as I finish out nations.  

First up is some Italian Cavalry.  Two regiments of Cacciatore a Cavallo (their version of Chasseurs) and one of Dragoons - specifically the Reggimento Dragoni ‘Regina'.  I selected  the Regina Dragoons as I am bored with green facings and these guys had pink - as if I'll see them on a table ;).

I have used French Chasseurs and Dragoons which aren't exactly correct but as Adler make no Italian specific figures and I won't tell anyone that they're wrong, I think I am in the clear.




Then I have the artillery and some limber teams to support my 29 Battalions of Saxon Infantry already painted.




Points

Cavalry - 3 regiments of 20 figures - 60 points

Limber teams - 4 of 4 mounted and 1 limber  - 20 points

Artillery - 15 bases of 4 figures and one gun - 45 points

From Millsy: Great looking Saxons and Italians Richard! There's very little difference in the uniforms between most French and Italian troops even at 28mm so at this scale I can't imagine even the most dedicated rivet counter being able to call out what's wrong. The pick for me are the Chasseurs with their lovely purple facing colours but they're all wonderful. You must be able to put on some seriously large battles with so many battalions.

11 comments:

  1. They look great, Richard, and I'm sure many participants and Snowlord himself are happy to see Regina Dragoons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice 6mm minis Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb and very impressive 6mm work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous looking stuff Richard

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some excellent detail done there at 6mm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great wee troops. Excellent detail at this scale well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work. You’re getting great details on these. As Millsy says, fudging French for minor allies is comm9n in 28mm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice detail for small figures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work on these I love the cav all ranked up together, very nice indeed

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great at this scale!

    ReplyDelete