Friday 8 March 2024

From StephenS: Out with the old, and in with new... [Overdues and Returns] (30 points)

G'day All,

This entry is a return rather than anything overdue, despite having had the miniature in question for a few years.

My original Mighty Zug

Probably the first miniature I ever finished and felt like I was finally getting the hang of this 'painting thing' was the old 'Mighty Zug' miniature for Blood Bowl back around 1994/95. I still have that figure, despite all the adventures since my teenage years. 



However, nothing stays the same forever, and it is time to retire my old figure and replace him with the latest version. Hopefully, it also looks like my painting has improved a little bit over the last 30 years (I'm feeling old writing this post).


The new 'Might Zug' is a 32mm resin figure from Games Workshop, and is accompanied by a test figure I did for the human team I'm working on (alongside a few other teams) also from Games Workshop.

Never fear, both versions will no doubt hit the table together, maybe the older wiser head will take on a coaching role...

2 x 32mm figures and a location bonus should be 30 points.

Cheers,


From Millsy: I remember the old Mighty Zug and what a character he was! So cool that you have him in your collection still mate and his paint job has really stood the test of time. The new additions sit very comfortably alongside old Zug so maybe we could fill some sort of player/coach role now? Great stuff and thanks for the trip down memory lane.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice Steve - always great to see you posting more Blood Bowl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zug was such a great character. Nice to see an update. Great brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a recent convert to Blood Bowl, so cannot match the depth of connection - but so cool to see! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never played blood bowl but always liked the figures. A nicely painted update for your team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Steve - old special figures will always have a place in the heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Steve, they look very dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work for a great game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work and love the old Zug.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wouldn't won't to b on the receiving end of these guys, really nice work.

    ReplyDelete