Saturday 31 January 2015

From SanderS - Fireman Sam (32 points)

Dear Ladies and Gents,

As a part of my ever expanding Victoriana Project, my latest contribution is a Victorian Fire Engine. This nice little piece is a West Wind Productions model for their Empire of the Death line. Upon researching the colours of this vehicle, I stumbled upon the museum of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade in London. They actually have some of these and this model is very close to the original. It's a horse driven vehicle, as you can plainly see, but it has a steam-powered pump.

My 3 year old son is totally hooked on Fireman Sam and all things connected to firemen, so the driver was named Sam pretty quick. He's also made me promise him, to visit said museum the next time we visit London.






I would like some more firemen to fill out the engine's benches but that's for the future, now I'm off painting some more regular troops.

Cheers Sander

11 comments:

  1. Now, this is something you don't see everyday! Lovely model Sander and you've done a cracking job on the assorted metalwork of the pump and your freehand on the Met signage is fantastic. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great figure filled with personality. Think reins may help though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now wondering if I should invest I one of these for my Wild west set up! A splendid model with oodles of charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh - very nice work Sander :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks people!
    @ Martin: you're right about the reins, yet as I said earlier, both my modelling skills and the rigours of my gaming habits have made me decide to leave them off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is novel! Lovely work all around Sander. Lettering is ace, the fireman's uniform is also well done. Good entry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors and signage! The brass work is very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's truly wonderful Sander. The whole thing is so well executed. The brass work is spot on and the hand-painted lettering is so crisp and neat. One of the best entries yet IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks gents, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent piece of work, for me it's the metal work that grabs me the most

    Ian

    ReplyDelete