Saturday 31 January 2015

From ScottB - Skarloc - Captain of Wood Elves - Regiment of Renown - Warhammer, 28mm (5 Points)

Something a little out of left field here... as part of my ongoing sell off, of stuff I am no longer playing, I have a painted set of Skarloc's Wood Elf Archers, a Regiment of Renown set for Warhammer , from the late 80's...

The only problem was... I had lost the Skarloc figure from the set!


I had vague memories of using him at a one off RPG D&D session at a mates house back in the UK, over 10 years ago now. So the chances of tracking that figure down now are history...

Thus I scoured Ebay, found a model, bought it, and painted it up... just to sell it, to complete the set. I think this is the first time I have bought something with the specific intention of selling it on once painted...

So without further ado here is Skarloc:



The most Bad Ass Wood Elf Captain there ever was!



And classic 80's GW Warhammer styling!

He'll be hitting Ebay shortly with the rest of the painted unit, with those figures which I painted all those years ago now...

So if anyone's interested - drop me a line (Shameless plug!)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, seeing that box art really takes me back. Lovely job on Skarloc Scott. I'm sure you've get a pretty price for that set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has that typical GW/Citadel pose that you so rarely see in real life! My quibbles aside very well painted and good to be reminded of times gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to dig out my 3rd ed rulebook again, I remember those figures, when we started collecting back at the end of the 80's I collected dwarves and a mate Wood Elves and he had those!
    It's fun to paint something different every now and then, I like your style, it may be an old sculpt but you can tell that you painted it as it's your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I always coveted that set in White Dwarf, great job on Skarloc

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of flipping houses but never flipping minis! Great job on Skatloc, I'm sure you'll get a good price. That box art! What was it about the 80s and bad hair?

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks really great! Great color on the metal and weapons too. Skarloc and gang was my first GW purchase. I still have the box but gave the whole regiment to a cousin who had a wood elf army. He gave me space marines and guard in return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great painting work. These old figures are really full of character and a distinctive quality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That makes an old lead collector's heart skip a beat or three. Can't believe you're letting them go! Even the box art is brilliant. Lovely paint job too Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for that trip down "Memory Lane!" Really nice work Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice classic oldhammer. Very nice. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool, hope it fetches what it's worth

    Ian

    ReplyDelete