Thursday 26 February 2015

From PaulS - Last of the Season 2 Zombies (152 Points)

Last weekend a few of us decided to have a little painting weekend to cheer along some friends with their slow painting progress. It was a fun day and a good experiment in speed painting. I wanted to see how many of the outstanding zombies I could work through that I didn't finish during last year's Challenge.


In addition to this we also have one of the worst Zombicide figure sets I've had the mis-pleasure of painting. Every now and then they release a Games Night kit that features a new Survivor/Zombivor set that parodies someone famous. The second kit features someone who is definitely not Austin Powers. No. Absolutely not.


The proportions are all off, he's much much taller than every other character and the detail on the face looks like it is melting. Still, at least the suit is nicely painted! This was originally supposed to be a Christmas present for one of my friends, but I just couldn't bring myself to finish it in time, so he got the Prisoner set instead. He certainly won out there ;)

In the end I managed to finish all 29 figures, plus a statue for the gaming board I want to try and build this year. It is up to Curt if there are points for the statue as he *is* technically terrain. He's not based as he will end up as one of a few statues that can be used on top of a wide plinth



If anyone knows where I can get any 28mm pigeons, I'd love to add some to the statue!


From Curt:

Ah, it's nice to see more of these greyscale zombies of yours Paul - they look wonderful. 

I quite like the slim profile and blue suit of that survivor - he looks to be quite the hipster, though he seems too tall to remind me of Austin Powers. Black horn-rimmed glasses and one of his hands holding a takeaway latte would be perfect for him. 

Finally, I really like the verdigris effect on the equestrian statue (and the pigeon guano is a great touch as well). 

That was a good weekend of painting!

13 comments:

  1. I do like you zombies. I think the grey skin tone is just about right. Nice job on them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. The survivor reminds me of Jarvis Cocker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does a bit. Then again, Austin Powers always reminded me of Jarvis anyway

      Delete
  3. Very nice. I like a lot the statue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The statue was the quickest thing to paint ;)

      Delete
  4. Very nice work Paul :)

    Great to see you added some pigeon poo to the statue. If you can't find pigeons, you could always try sculpting them in greenstuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greenstuff pigeons is on the list of things to try in 22 days time.

      Statues always have to have bird poo on. Even the few buildings I have painted all have it ;)

      Delete
  5. Those gray scale Zombies give me the creeps, also really like the Statue as well

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, Paul! I still have to paint up my Z's but I'll probably 'borrow' some of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it. This lot took about 3 hours, start to finish, so is a great way to work through the horde in a reasonable timeframe. Carmen has some good videos on the technique: http://carmensminiaturepainting.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/zombicide-monochrome-how-to-video.html

      Delete
  7. Nice work. The statue is really good with the green and bird poo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work! The statue and the zombies are both stand-outs.

    ReplyDelete