Saturday 21 April 2018

Paul O'G's AHPC VIII Wrap up

Apologies for my tardiness but I've been all at sea lately (quite literally).  Regardless, here is my AHPC VIII totality.  Like many I suspect, it seems more when under the brush than when tallied, but it is a satisfying chunk of hobby happiness.
 As you can see I embraced the new terrain category, finishing off a 15mm Russian village, a 6mm ECW castle and a 28mm bridge.  I got a good portion of my new DAK Army finished and managed to complete entries for all bonus rounds.  I started with a 500 point goal, extended it to 600 and finished up with 679pts - which I was very happy with noting that I was travelling for about 4 weeks of the challenge.

Last year I was thrilled to get a Bonus Round Runner Up spot - this year I managed to jag two!  The first was this really wonderfully sculpted One Man Dirigible which I had sitting around for about 4 years and which I entered for the Flight Round

My Second Runner Up placement was for my FIW Royal Artillery Piece in the BFG Round.  I really enjoyed building this small vignette for the FIW Army I built last year during AHPC VII.

Perhaps my favourite piece to work on this challenge was my Friekorps Panzerauto and crewman, which I completed in January
Thanks for a LOT of fun during the challenge.  I am in awe to be amongst such wonderfully productive and encouraging hobbyists, and hope to be back again next year.  Until then take care!

9 comments:

  1. Welcome back to friendly shores Paul! I know your Challenge this year was curtailed by work, but your output was top-drawer. Well done mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that Curt, and thanks indeed for having me back!

      Delete
  2. Grand stuff , I loved the dirigible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely work, I really liked the armoured car!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific output Paul. I did love the FIW artillery! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Paul - great painting

    ReplyDelete