Sunday 29 April 2018

Late to the Ball - Group Shot from PeterD

Ok I am very, very late in posting this.  I don't even have a good excuse like Paul, although many claim that I am at sea most of the time.  However, all my Uni exams are marked and recorded and it's all over but the crying so I finally got round to posting these photos that were taken a month ago.



Here's the group shot of most of what I did this winter - all of my SYW figures.  Touraine and Diesbach regiments on the left, Royal Welsh Fusiliers behind the musicians in the middle and Fischer's chasseurs to the right.  Missing are my 1;1200 planes which wouldn't show up well in this wide a shot (ok I forgot about them), and my Curtgeld which has been delivered in tribute.


I'd been in the modelling doldrums since mid-March as end of semester came on me.  However, lately I've been picking up the brush and glue.  Here I am with three pieces of terrain I put together last week - three very enjoyable evenings spent in from of the TV building Sarissa Productions kits.  There are two bridges (with three additional spans) and a windmill.


14 comments:

  1. A great Challenge, Peter, and some lovely new terrain to round it off! See you next winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evan! I've started painting the bridges.

      Delete
  2. There's a heffalump! A very tidy SYW output.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Barks. Horton has been appearing in various places to surprise my wife and I. I left him in place because he makes me smile every time that i see him

      Delete
  3. Great work Pete! You made great inroads on your SYW collection. I'll start a pool to see when someone in the group accidentally mauls that beautiful windmill while reaching for the chips. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. The windmill was a birthday present from Lynne, and it's lovely kit. No one gets to vote for themselves on that pool!

      Delete
  4. Better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely SYW work done!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Challenge Peter - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better late than never !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. Often those are the choices I leave mself!

      Delete