Saturday 29 December 2018

From AlexS: Ancient Warriors (497 Points)

Hello everyone, my name is Alex and I from Russia. Soon the most important holiday for my country is the New Year. We will rest for a whole week, gather with our families and visit each other. Therefore, I decided to make a large number of miniatures and give myself a rest.

Today I present to your attention a few miniatures for the period of antiquity. They are made for the game by the wonderful rules of Simon Miller "To the Strongest".


First, four legionary squads and a very courageous hero.


Secondly - the replenishment of Pyrrhus in my army - archers, light and medium infantry, cavalry, and again very brave heroes.


Finally, third, strange. Two military vehicles - a catapult and a battering ram, which will be used in scenarios where it will be necessary to make a sortie from the besieged city. Chariot of the Celts. I specifically put a dog on the base, because I know that among the participants of the event there are many dog lovers. Next - a detachment of female gladiators. This is completely unhistorical for the period in which we usually play, but my friend from Moscow, Konstantin, made delightful miniatures and I made a squad of them. Well, the last base - to display the camp of some Hellenistic army (maybe Ptolemy).


General view:


And here is a general photo of my collection of ancient armies. These are Rome, Celts, Italians, Greeks and Hellenistic warriors. Most of these miniatures are painted during past Challenges, and I want to say thanks to Curt, who holds this event, to thank the minions who have worked with me in past years - Greg, James and Michael, you were very attentive and kind to me, and thanks to everyone, who took and takes part in this event, you inspire me with your work.


Points:
Inf: 80x5=400
Cav: 4x10=40
War machine: 2x10= 20
Chariot (as vehicle)= 20

total: 480 points

________________________________

Whoa! Well, it had to happen sooner or later: The first of the point nukes have been dropped! 

Absolutely amazing work Alex. I love the potpourri of periods on display here. My favourites have to be the Republican Romans and the dog with the charioteer (yes, count me amongst the unrepentant dog lovers in the crowd). 

As to points everything looks great, but I scored the chariot body as a vehicle and then separately add the various crew and animals. So, 37 points for the chariot unit (including a couple points for the loyal pooch).

Stonking work Alex! Now, go and enjoy the New Year!


12 comments:

  1. Fantastic work Alex, now enjoy your time off and no painting;). Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful stuff Alex! It's all beautiful but the Romans are my favourite I think. Enjoy your New Year break mate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking ancients, you don't do things by half! Lovely dog with chariot too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking points bomb Alex! Enjoy your New Year celebrations with family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible stuff Alex!! Great work. Happy New Year! I hope you enjoy the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an amazing level of output, you deserve a break. A great mix of minis and plenty of them.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all very much! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Alex! Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete