Monday 24 December 2018

From PaulSS - Pair of Battletech Mechs (16 Points)


Continuing the mad burst of activity at the start of the Challenge I had some Battletech Mechs that I wanted to get painted during the Challenge, but in time to give as a gift tonight (Sunday).

I only have scant interest in Battletech so have no idea what these Mechs are, maybe somebody with more knowledge of the canon could let me know what I've painted.



The brief was bronze and gold, I thought metallics would look pretty nasty, so went for a base-coat of Vallejo Chocolate Brown for the 'bronze' and Vallejo Gold Brown' for the gold. Additional areas were picked out in red or black to give a bit of contrast.

Everything was then washed in Army Painter Strong Tone.



After the wash was dried I repainted the base colours then highlighted, adding a couple of highlights with Beige Brown added to the Chocolate Brown and a couple of highlights with Yellow added to the Gold Brown.

Finally Windsor & Newton Peat Brown ink was used to pick out the panels and detail.



We play on a black arena, so the bases were painted Black with a light highlight of Black-Grey.

The final photo shows all three members of the 'Lance' the third Mech was painted before the challenge started.



Not sure where these stand on the scoring table, they are rather big to count as a 6mm Vehicle, maybe either a 15mm Vehicle or a 54mm foot figure?

They also should give me some points in the Squirrel duel too.


_______________________________________

Ah, Battletech. Now that's an old chestnut from the 80s - gosh, back when I had hair! A fun set of rules, if I remember. I wonder how they've held up over time? The brown and yellow-gold livery is very eye-catching. Great work Paul and good luck with them on the tabletop!

19 comments:

  1. Nice work, very retro. You are banging out the entries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Curt, they were fun to paint and bought back some memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Martin, I've not been so productive today though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Paul. I don’t know my Tech from my Mech, but they look fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Takes me back, lovely looking Mech's

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  6. No idea what they are, but they look great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely robots, they look coming from old SF movies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvellous stuff. Love me some Battletech mechs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice mechs. I think the model with no arms may be a Catapult, though it has been a long time since I played Battletech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am now informed that they are a Crockett and a Catapult.

      Delete
  10. I like the colours with a splash of orange-red.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice stuff Paul. The brown / yellow really works.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an awesome pair of mechs Paul, the colour scheme is top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never played, but I have watched the game. Those are some impressive mechs! The gold and bronze hues work really well together on them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent Mechs. Nicely done. Cheers

    ReplyDelete