Wednesday 23 January 2019

From Brendon W - Unleash the Dogs of War (102 points)

Hello. This week I present 20 x 28mm metal miniatures. Dark Ages dogs of war teams.
I purchased this a long while back and I think from memory they are from Crusader Miniatures but correct me if I am wrong.

I purchased these as a unit for my Viking army for Kings of War Historical. The concept being...I plan to make some Cavalry for an Anglo-Saxon army. Vikings arrive via longship and lack cavalry. To offset Cavalry they employ/bully these dog teams to help them out. In the rules these units have a minor bonus if they go toe to toe with Cavalry.







I almost considered abandoning the handlers for plastic dudes to better match my existing collection. But I persevered with them as perhaps these unique units should have unique barefooted handlers. I don't need the handlers to pop so nice subdued Dark Age colors for them as usual for Dark Ages. The strangely bottom rounded cloak gave an opportunity to try some freehand tartan for one of them.
Was aiming to have more figures ready but hopefully they appear here next week

Cheers from Brendon
_______________________________________________________________

Wow, Brendon, you've been busy! Even a monsoon doesn't slow you up!

These pampered pooches and their handlers are really well-painted, the tartan is excellent, and I love the tussock grass basing scheme as well.  So much so in fact, that a couple of extra points are winging your way for the bases.

102 points for the Dark Age version of Crufts!

Ev

9 comments:

  1. Woof, woof! Great stuff Brendon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dogs! Great bit of tartan and really like the basing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely unit, basing, and tartan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking pieces Brendan. I’ll second the comments on the heath and the tartan, subtle but very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work on the dogs Brendon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Brendon...but that tartan...holy sh*t...great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of Good Boys. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s quite a batch of hounds!

    ReplyDelete