Monday 28 January 2019

From DaveX: Cruel Seas Japanese T-14 MTBs (55 points)

Sticking with the Japanuary theme, this week I have painted up 6 x Japanese T-14 MTBs for Cruel Seas.

They came out pretty nice and I would say the colours used are not exactly historical however I think they look nice.

I have added some scaled 1/300 flags.  They were a bit rushed as you can see but next time I apply some of these flags I will take my time and make them a bit less stiff looking.

I just got the Japanese Mine Sweeper to do to complete all the vessels in the Japanese Cruel Seas Fleet box set.  I am hoping to get it done for the challenge.

Thanks for stopping buy.

That's 6 x 1/300 Boats with 12 x Crew in total. I think I am doing nicely in the Naval Side duel too!





Hello Dave, good to meet you at CanCon last weekend. Japanuary has been strong for you. Each boat with crew is worth 9 points, plus 1 for the flags and to make it a pleasant 55. I do hope you get the mine sweeper done and I do want to see a final flotilla shot. I shall notify the Duels Wallah of your progress.

Barks

10 comments:

  1. What a great looking flotilla! Lovely clean painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely clean, crisp work Dave. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, cruel seas is popular this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, very nice. Good to see "Cruel Seas" garnering so much interest among the Challengers this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking boats, the flags are a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they look fantastic Dave,m I do love the addition of the flags too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff mate - a big step up from bumboats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! What an awesome community we have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice looking flotilla Mike. Those gunners look awfully exposed!

    ReplyDelete