Monday 28 January 2019

From SamuliS: Chaos Pact (45 points)


Bit of a break from submitting anything to the challenge, but I'm back! The last few weeks have mostly been spent on painting stuff I already started before the challenge so haven't really been able to claim points here. But I've been putting paint on a few Blood Bowl minis every now and then to have something for here as well and they are finally done! I originally actually planned to have them for the Sports round, but minis needed for games were a priority and sadly I couldn't get them done for that.

These are Willy Miniatures Chaos Pact players with the 9 basic Marauders. 8 would be the normal amount in a team, but I got these through their Kickstarter which included the extra Female Marauder as well as a KS special so she got some paint on as well. And judging my luck with playing the team online I will probably be needing all the Marauders I can bring as I have a habit of getting all my positionals killed way too often. Last time a darn Skaven Linerat managed to kill my Minotaur with my opponents first block of the game...



For the paint scheme I decided to go with something that is maybe not exactly one of the most common schemes around. I already have BB teams in red, yellow, blue and purple so wanted something completely different. Black might have been good for a chaos team, but I hate painting black. Looking through my paint collection I ended up picking some badly neglected paints in the form of a few different pink shades! Looks like they're a Slaaneshi team now! The pink did turn out a bit tricky to highlight and in the hindsight I probably didn't go far enough especially on the armor. Going to almost pure white in the highest spots might have looked better, but I just couldn't make the transition smooth enough and ended up dulling it down a lot to the level it is now.


 

The bases aren't completely finished as I will be building a small display set for them and will paint  the lines in the pitch on the bases as well. But that will have to wait until I actually get the team and all the supporting staff painted and their locations figured out on the board. Still they are good to game with and should give me another 45 points to my tally. I've still got about 20 more minis left to finish that I started before the challenge, but after that I can focus completely on newer projects!

Samuli! You bring me joy from Finland. Pink is a great colour because it is different and vibrant, not to mention hard to paint and highlight. You know I'm a bit of a Blood Bowl fan, and I'd love to meet your gorgeous team on the field and foul the snot out of them.

The Chaos Pact team was introduced to contemporary Blood Bowl in 2007 to allow coaches to build a 'legal' replica of the Chaos All-Stars, a legendary team from the original first edition in 1987.

See you on the pitch!

Barks

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful brushwork Samuli. The choice of pink for a team colour was inspired (by Slaanesh). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking Marauder team! Lovely painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whooza... that pink made my eyes water 😉
    Needs some getting used to, but excellent brushwork Samuli.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Samuli!

    "I have a habit of getting my positionals killed way too often." I believe this remark was also attributed to Dan Snyder, owner of Washington DC's NFL team...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic choice of colours. Slaaneshi teams aren't bad on the pitch, but the parties in the changing rooms after the game are legendary.
    Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look amazing. Top result for this team of crazy looking gladiator types. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments everyone!

    Barks: We're actually planning to make a longish Australian tour sometime in 2020. Might have to call you up for that Bloodbowl game then if things go according to plan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work on these Chaos team Samuli - the pink worked really well. I especially like the pink goalie mask.

    ReplyDelete