Saturday 2 February 2019

From Barks: Blackstone baddies (55 points)

GW is using Blackstone Fortress to test the waters and show some reimaginings of classic creatures. I painted these abhumans to complement my Slaanesh-themed Chaos units. I gave them a slightly-too-subtle purple/ grey skin. They are bigger than non-mutated humans.


Addendum!

With an hour to go, I have squeezed in another 7 figures, being the second Traitor Guard squad. I gave them a black helmet stripe to differentiate them, and gave the leader a white mask, which I liked so much I added it to my first squad's leader. These were not as frustrating to paint as the first batch, since I knew what colours to paint things and where I could take shortcuts.


Skull-o-meter: 19
11 x 28mm figures


TamsinP:

More delicious pinky-boys! So, beast men, not Beastie Boys. Oh, well, easy mistake to make first thing on a Saturday morning. Nevertheless, I'm sure that those chaps are fighting for the right to party.

22 comments:

  1. Looks great Barks, as much as pink clad vermin infested chaos warriors can. Do I count two clicks on the skullometer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking abhumans! Really nice colour choices and finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. In the grimdark, there are no goodies...

      Delete
  4. Eye watering! Excellent painting nonetheless ;–)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Barks.
    Love the skull-o-metre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I turn it on for all my 40K stuff.

      Delete
  6. Great stuff Barks - really like the Guardsmen and that mask is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought someone could make the combination of pink and beastmen work but you surely have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stumbled upon this page while searching for modern humans to use as civilians in games of Pulp City. Your color scheme grabbed my eye! Can you share how you achieved such lovely greys and eye-popping pinks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Grey is Army Painter Uniform Grey then Dark Tone. The cloth is AP Centaur Skin, Vallejo Red Shade, then Centaur Skin again. The hot pink armour is AP Warlock Purple with AP Purple Tone wash in the shadows and AP Centaur Skin edge highlights. The pinks need to go on multiple thin coats over a white base. Hope that helps!

      Delete