Friday 15 February 2019

From MattK: Uruk-Hai Scouts and more Goblins (125 points)

Ironically, the above Uruks were painted to squeeze in a third picture for this week but I'm super happy with how they turned out. I'm sure someday I'll grow tired of painting these models but so far 25 models in I'm still enjoying every part of the process. They're a little basic but they come together so nicely in my opinion.

The next picture requires a bit of an explanation. In addition to the Gloomspite army I'm working on, a friend and I ran a game at a local show (Flintcon) with some of the models. We decided to do a bit Goblin Squig Hunt game. Each player got a team of goblins (one netter, one herder and one "bait")

So to go with the models I already had I needed to actually paint some foot goblins. So presented below are 16 goblins with various kit.
Finally to go with these (and the several squigs from a few weeks ago) I painted five more metal squigs for the game and my collection. I think I may have finally hit the end of my pile of metal squigs and I think I'm down to just one box of the new plastic ones.
So all told 25 more 28mm infantry comes out to 125 points

_____________________________________________

Uruk-hai form columns, yes? So, clearly French!

Well done, otherwise! 125 points!

Edit: I have thoroughly enjoyed spending the Friday guest minion budget on the finest food and alcohol San Francisco can offer. Now that I have returned to Friday Follies HQ, I have updated your points total accordingly.

10 comments:

  1. Great looking goblinoids. Your squig hunt game sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking orcs, goblins and squigs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the old Skool metal range of gobbos, do it's great to see them so well painted

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like squigs and Uruk-hai, so this post is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! Really like the Uruks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Looks like a fun game of squig hunting with excellent looking painted miniatures. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work - those Uruks are terrific.

    ReplyDelete