Thursday 14 February 2019

Thursday From JasperO - Barbed wire and dastardly Germans 60 points

Apart from the Recce challenge, it clearly took forever for me to produce something finished. Coming back from holidays in the US in the first week of January, jetlag hit me worse than ever before. And then there was work, and hobby time going into organising PolderCon. That was last week though, and it was great fun!

I was hosting a Chain of Command game and once I settled on a scenario, I found I needed some extra bits and pieces. Not what I planned, nor what I was working on, but with a firm deadline. I know, there's that thing about the sound they make when they go whooshing by, but it's helpful.

Two sections of barbed wire for Chain of Command. Very artful, if I say so myself.
I still need to make some barricades and team entrenchments, but at now at least, wire emplacements can be, well, emplaced. For the game, I also needed a team of German engineers. The objective would be for the German players to blow up a bridge, while the British players would have to capture it. I figured that would encourage 'stuff' to happen. I've noticed that newer players are sometimes hesitant to act aggressively, and then the game can seem boring when the short 1.5 hours of playtime are over.




These gentlemen are mixes of the Warlord German Pioneer set, with the Grenadiers (and a bit of hacking about). While I was at it, I also painted a few of the very nice Empress Late War German figures, and added a Winter MG42 team from Artizan.





The photos aren't the greatest. As these guys were about to hit the table, I quickly took a few snaps before the dice started rolling. As for points, I guess 10 28mm figures makes for 50 points, with half a 6" cube for the wire, so 10 points?


Nice to have you on board Jasper! Its amazing how a deadline can push things along! Nice barbed wire positions and engineers,the camo on your late war Germans is excellent,a lovely clean finish and I agree, 60 points to your total!

All the best Iain

10 comments:

  1. Great looking Germans and scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have you back Jasper. Nice work with this lot, your base work is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice selection indeed - deadlines do cause some work to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking pioneers, Jasper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing work Jasper! Really like what you‘ve done with those Pioneers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one Jasper, good to see you at your brushes again, the results of your work are always worth it!

    ReplyDelete