Thursday 14 February 2019

For Thursday From MarkB 2nd Battalion Nyland Regiment and 6pdr Foot Battery in 3mm (28points)

Hi everyone!
Sorry for not painting and posting more but life can get in the way of our hobby.



So for today's submission I have some 3mm Napoleonic Swedish troops. These are 3mm miniatures and they represent a battalion of the Finnish part of the Swedish Army during the 1808-1809 War against the Russians. I have also painted up a battery of 6 pound foot Artillery. This is the first time I have painted Napoleonic figures in this scale. I like the look and I plan to do more.





There are a total of 85 miniatures in the Infantry Battalion which is about a 1:6 scale from the historic number of men in the Battalion in 1808.






Based on the scoring I think this will get me a total of 84 points.




I hope you enjoy this weeks Swedish miniatures. Skål!!!

Well these are delightful little men! Napoleonic in 3mm scale gives me a headache just thinking about it! You have done a fine job on these chaps and their artillery pieces, I am however afraid that I am going to disappoint you in your points total, having consulted with mighty times of the challenge and looking at precedent, the best I can do for you is 50%of 6mm points
,( Curt did award himself 1 point per 8 figures,but  I think that was just a bit of self flagellation, one neads to keep warm by whatever means necessary on those frozen praries!) which works out at  25points (for 100 figures by my count)so let's call it 1 point each for your artillery pieces,rounded up, to give you a total of 28points!

All the best Iain

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Paul, they were a challenge to paint up.

      Delete
  2. Nice work on the teeny-tiny men :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Mark. I really like 3mm for high-density warfare as you can really convey the mass of these formations. Are these from Pico miniatures? Very clean brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Curt, Yes these are the Pico Miniatures. I realy like the way they look in mass. I enjoyed seeing your 1:1 scale project you did. More of these 3mm Swedes are in the works.

      Delete
  4. How do you paint such tiny figures? Well done, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look great! My eyes are too old for that scale, but they do look nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3mm?!?!? Lunacy! Great work and they do convey large-ness very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really appreciate these, the look is exactly as you see in those old eyewitness battle depictions!

    ReplyDelete