Wednesday 6 March 2019

From BrendonW - Stab, Loose, Stab, Stab (48 points)

This weeks submission is 5 x 28mm foot and 2 x 28mm Mounted and all plastic.



The inspiration for the two Arab Ninjas or Hassassins came from an historically based Novel and also 'counts as' Hero for Kings of War. When I proxy my Arabs as Elves they get access to a 'Hero' named the 'Master Hunter'. Comes with a bow most suitable for sneaking around and being a sniper perhaps. Two below have bodies from FireForge while one is entirely Gripping Beast except for an extra dagger from Conquest Games. Mr Swordy McSwordface is modelling another hand painted shield and I am happy to have him completed as he fills the last slot in a unit tray. 





The last of the double ups for my Perry Miniatures. A heavily armoured pikeman and a horn blower. That's it for the heroic defenders of Black Beer and Bacon this season. I may have only one infantry body left in my stash but I will keep that just in case I get some crazy idea to make something of it. 
A real mix of kits on these two. A head from the Knights, parts from the Light Horse and so on. 




Two Normans with similar painted horses from Conquest Games to reinforce my Norman collection. Two plucky heroes to lead the charge or take the glory after the charge. The shields are hand painted.





Here is the Regiment of Arab infantry with the final hole filled with this posts Arab and previously painted Arabs with some from this Challenge and others from previous times.


cheers from Brendon
I won't be posting anything next week as I am away for a few days.
______________________________________________

Tidy bit of work on these figs, Brendon - the last Saracen looks great when put into the line with his compatriots, a terrific mass effect there with the added bonus of some splendid textiles and shields.

And it's always a good day when there's Beer and Bacon! Although I would DEFINITELY ask the ninja types to take a drug test before sending them on any crucial missions...

45 points for the figures, plus another 3 for the spiffy freehand shields!

Ev

12 comments:

  1. The arabs in particular are great, and I really like the horses. And the armour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Brendon. I have some boxes of the Gripping Best Arabs, but really struggle to get going with them...you have dome some great work with them, however!

    And Swordy McSwordface does look like a force to be reckoned with...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a treat to see your figures Brendin, love the shields and the red and black livery. Shouldn't that be Swordy ibn Swordface?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Arabs and Normans but my favourites are of course beer and bacon!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work. I like how you have painted the Norman horses, the mixed brown and white looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete