Wednesday 6 March 2019

From SimonM: "Wizkids" Batman Beyond (5 Points)

This 28mm tall plastic “Wizkids” model of Batman Beyond is miniature number 016 from the Batman The Animated DC "Heroclix" range, and depicts Terry McGinnis after the sixteen year-old High School student assumes the role of Batman in 2039 A.D. Mentored by an elderly Bruce Wayne, the new Dark Knight made his debut in January 1999 on the "Batman Of The Future" American animated television series.

Following the super-hero's removal from his 'clicky-base', the figure was super-glued on to a 25mm circular stand, and hastily primed using two coats of "Citadel" Abaddon Black. Initially I had planned to completely eradicate the costumed crime-fighter's pre-paint job. However, despite an extensive search I was unsuccessful in sourcing a red bat-shaped decal from anywhere, so ultimately was forced to ensure that my brush-tip carefully skirted around the miniature's original chest emblem.

I also decided against heavily dry-brushing the model with "Vallejo" Heavy Charcoal, as I usually do these days for my predominantly black palettes, as I wanted the masked vigilante to appear as jet black as he does in the cartoon. This meant that all I needed to do to complete the miniature was to 'pick-out' his futuristic utility belt with a combination of "Citadel" Ironbreaker and Nuln Oil, and dot in the bat-suit's technologically advanced eyes with a little dab of "Vallejo" White.
______________________________________________________________

Phew! This isn't reawakening any childhood nightmares at least... 

A futuristic take on the Caped Crusader - and the twist? HE'S NOT WEARING A CAPE!!!

This is a splendid figure and one which I hadn't seen before - very nicely done, 5 points!

Ev


16 comments:

  1. Nicely picked out bat motif, he looks great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain, I'm really pleased I was able to paint around the bat motif decal. I could never have done it by hand.

      Delete
  2. Nice work. Those Heroclix figures paint up well it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks StuartL. Most of the "Heroclix" do indeed paint up well.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the bat-background, I'm not always familiar with these characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blacks on this figure!

    ReplyDelete