Wednesday 6 March 2019

From Mike D - House Cawdor Gangers (50 points)

Well, this hasn't been my most productive challenge so far. My non-miniature life (true-scale self?), has been a bit hectic for most of the winter. I had kind of anticipated it and set my sights low, but still it's a been a bit disappointing. For the most part the impediment has been my job. But things seem to be calming down and I'm hoping I can finish strong.

On a positive note, I have been able to stick to my goal of finishing off all the Necromunda minis I bough in 2018. The Cawdor figures represent the next-to-last box I have sitting on my shelf. Not counting the Forgeworld characters. Oh dear.







I can rarely bring myself to paint the colors on the box, and in the case the Red and White turned out ok, I think. Also, I find that the things that I think are oh-so-cool when I see them originally are the things that I'm cursing by the time I'm half way painting the figures. I love all the little totems and spikes and nooses etc but they really slow you down. All told, it's 10 gangers at 5 points each for 50 points.
_______________________________________________________________

It's been a long time since I played Necromunda, and it's good to see it back in production with some really nice figures.

These gangers certainly repaid the effort; all that detail! A headache to finish, but you really did an excellent job.

50 points, well-earned!

Ev

11 comments:

  1. Great work Michael! Sorry to hear of 1-to-1 scale stuff getting in the way, but there is still a nice chunk of Painting Challenge time left - I'm sure you'll put it to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking bunch of gangers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool looking gang Mike. The white and red works really well on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like what you did here 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are carrying an interesting range of weapons. Is it a gun? Is it a pike? Is it just a piece of machinery he found?
    Great work on your gang.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like these new Cawdor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are cool, I really dig the way you've made them look all gritty and grimy.

    ReplyDelete