Tuesday 26 March 2019

From DaveD - Challenge IX Round up

So another challenge painting season has come and gone , and my 8th time participating  - personally its been a pretty good one. First up I met my challenge target - doing this in the last week. I also managed to post something every week which kept the productivity up.  I only did one bonus round as i didn't feel like committing to them this year as I had a plan already. Millsy and I had a little side duel -which thanks to Mlllsy choosing in a moment of heat induced madness to hand paint heraldic designs saw me reach our target first - though we both agreed to settle the forfeit as we had chosen injured forces charities in the UK and Oz - i will settle for the future bragging rights and slapdowns...

I had a few projects in mind - 15mm WW2, 1/200th Aircraft, terrain stuff , Sudan odd bits and these progressed nicely,

realisation dawns that i have missed a box of stuff from the South Seas side project from the round up shot  - damn!



an inevitable Sudan top up - NSW infantry, Bengal lancers on camels and vignettes,

I completed my Cruel Seas stuff early - played 3 games so far

the missing Pulp stuff 


1/200th aircraft for Wongs of Glory - 10 altogether
 I have really enjoyed doing the various aircraft this season. i just need to properly sort out more flight stands and storage arrangements. especially as I  have also just sourced 3 c47s and Waco gliders - so more coming up soon
15mm WW2 , US army infantry , - landing craft , D Day stuff and 1/144th aircraft - 11 of them - plus buildings, bridges , trees , and hedges.
I see a nomination for challengers choice for my Landing craft - appreciated ! - they were certainly hard work

I have a D Day game pencilled in for June (with JamesM and MarticC) - to coincide with the 75th anniversary - so the upcoming focus  will be more US infantry and Paras and terrain bits for UTAH beach. 

once more thanks to all the back room minions, the Snowlord and  Lady Sarah for making this happen 

I ran a few paint and chats over the season - though not as many as i had wished due to a few technical gremlins and then being a ill in the last week .

Until next time!  remember your "little helper" pills are available for the challenge asylum check out desk... just leave the blue ones for Noel, Miles and Martin .. who are now wondering  where the hell to put everything! 

11 comments:

  1. Another great effort Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More top-shelf stuff Dave, great Challenge. My favourite has to be the sea-plane - it just looks like an adventure waiting to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An awesome set of entries. The pulp minis are especially inspiring as it isn't something I had ever considered before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic range of periods and scales! Lovely church and a great seaplane!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome. Great Challenge Dave. I'm with Greg, that seaplane is the biz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great effort Dave, you painted up some cool figures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely variety and beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff and a fantastic effort. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent! I think next time you should try doing something navel or aviation. ;-)

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done mate - congrats on the side duel win!

    Amongst your many great submissions, you will be unsurprised to hear that your NSW troopers were my favourite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome amount of great figures Dave, the fleet of Cruel Seas stuff and Camels are great, but I think I like your Pulp figures best. See you in November mate!

    ReplyDelete