Sunday 17 March 2019

From DaveS: I'm Batman (110 points)

So, I recently got a demo of the Batman miniatures game and fell in love.  I've painted some of the models before, both for fun, and as commissions, but I've never played the game very much.  I was put off by the huge number of keywords, and the pricey rulebooks.  Second edition seems to be better written, with a more reasonably priced rulebook, and so I've taken the plunge.

First model I painted, as befits the games was Batman.



He's been painted in the colour scheme from the box, which means he has the classic blue and grey with the yellow belt.  I worked quite hard on the cape, and I'm pleased with the result.

I then proceeded to paint the Arkham Guards that came with him.  These are the cheapest and most disposable models in a Batman crew, and so they got a quick and dirty paint job, but they look OK to me.




One of the "quirks" of the Batman rules, is that all of the Arkham guards are able to arrest enemy models.  The Arkham police, who I painted next however, apparently aren't.




Finally, you need some way to actually see the enemy in the dark back streets of Gotham.  So some lamp posts.


And something to see, in the TTCombat Apartment A, with added extension level.  That makes it about 10"x6"x10".  It really is huge looking, and I've included a previously painted Harley Quinn for scale.


So thats 7x35mm models (and I just noticed that the photos were taken before I put the final black on all of the base edges), plus whatever the Lamps and building are worth.

__________________________________________________________________

As I luxure with a rather cheeky little Spanish red (always drink Spanish reds, the whites are ok, and save the beer for when you have to torture the terrorists to find the location of the nukes and/or the kidnapped Robin), DaveS presents BATMAN!

And, while the cape prevents the gratuitous butt shot we've come to expect from many a Batman film, Dave's Batman and Arkham guards are quite gritty. 

The apartment block is spectacular, and HUGE. It's something you'd expect to see in a Lardy special. Very fab.

So, let's see. We don't have 35mm figures in Millsy's spreadsheet of DOOM, but 35 is closer by a hair to 40mm than 28mm, so we'll go with that. 7 40mm figures gives you 49 points. Now, the apartment building is 600 cubic inches; normalizing that into 216 cubic inch increments gives us 2.7 repeating. Punching that into the Spreadsheet of DOOM gives 55.5 repeating points. We'll be kind to the poor souls who don't run statistical models for a living and round that to 2.8 and 56, respectively. Throw in another 5 points for the lampposts, and call it an even 110. 

HerrRobert, Friday Follies Phantasmical, Over

5 comments:

  1. Nana nana nana nana, nana nana nana nana...Batman!

    Nice work on these Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking Batman,crew and monster building!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stuff. For some reason I love those street lamps best of all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant stuff, I do like the blue of the SWAT uniforms!

    ReplyDelete