Sunday 24 March 2019

From JamesM: This is not the end...

Hi folks,

My very own (rather insignificant) end of challenge lineup, with the obvious exception of the full LCT, as I only painted some crew figures for that.


I had set myself the rather moderate target of 750 points for this challenge, which I achieved and no more.

However I was happy enough at the progress made towards my ongoing project, so the challenge time has definitely been productive. Almost everything was 15mm scaled, other than a few 6mm vehicles at the start of the challenge.





The required shot of me at my painting station... complete with grotty painting t-shirt


And a quick shot of the 'also rans' - the stuff I has as in progress when I hit my target and all motivation left me:

Polish Stuarts, 40mm SP Bofors and the last of my Scottish Quads, all still on the paint desk!

Moving forward, I've more D-day themed models to paint this year, including some more DD Shermans and Sherman Crabs. I've bucketloads more stuff to do for Normandy, with purchase of more only just being restricted as this weekend I started the process of buying a house. This may mean 1 to 1 scale painting is in my future, but I'll keep on with the fun stuff until then!

Thanks to everyone else who took part, while I didn't get round to commenting much, the scope of the different projects everyone is doing is always impressive. Thanks especially to Lee for being the Tuesday Minion, and to the guys that joined in on the paint and chats!


26 comments:

  1. Great stuff James - your landing craft and their converted RN crew were a real highlight for me during the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheer Paul! I was really pleased with how they turned out, it's the most conversion work I've done on 15mm models. They also really add to the finished craft.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Martin, here's hoping get some of this stuff on the table before next year!

      Delete
  3. What a great collection of stuff, love the landing craft 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, the ships/ boats are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Yet another rabbit hole care of Mr DaveD!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful project and masterly executed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely coherent and neat work, nicely focused!
    Really nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain - I try to ignore the magpie aspect of the hobby and stick to one thing. I fail, but remains more focused than some!

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed following your progress! Some very nice and unusual entries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your softskins and landing craft look excellent. Good luck with the rest of your D-Day minis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course it's not the end, you need to leave some stuff to show us next Challenge! Grandly done on the invasion troops as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there is no shortage of stuff... this year alone I've bought another allied tank squadron and a German recce company. In January.

      Delete
  10. Where did you get your LC and LCT?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LCA's are from Battlefront, the LCT was scratch built by me.

      Delete