Sunday 24 March 2019

From Barks: AHPC IX, targets down and patch out

Here we see a Barks in his natural habitat.

I had six goals for AHPC IX:


  • 15mm WW1 French
  • Mansions of Madness
  • Imperial Assault
  • Blackstone Fortress
  • 28mm Robin Hood
  • Enter all the bonus rounds


I'm glad to say that I got them all done, except the Robin Hood stuff. BlackPinkstone Fortress in particular took me much longer than expected, but was worth it. I had an unexpected last week reprieve with Red Alert finding its way from China to me before getting to the UK or US, which was a quick paintjob to polevault me beyond my target, yay!
Most, but not all, of my output

This was also my first Challenge as a Minion- there are terrifying things going on behind the scenes which we're not supposed to talk about, but apart from that it was great fun! Nine months to AHPC X!

20 comments:

  1. Great haul of painted stuff Barks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific output all with a lovely finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a cracker this year mate- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work Barks. I particularly liked your Pinkstone Fortress and Mansions of Madness stuff. You weren't supposed to talk about those unspeakable things behind the Challenge curtains. I suggest a round room for the coming Hound of Tindalos. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my whisky and shotgun and motorcycle ready!

      Delete
  5. "Pinkstone Fortress" was a real treat this year, great stuff Barks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg, the 'pressure' of the Challenge helped me get it done.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on beating your target. The Pinkstone Fortress minis were nicely done and your two massive space fleets are very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stuart, they do dominate the group photo!

      Delete
  7. A great haul, Barks. And ta for the continual humour, too, which I very much enjoy. I'm going to check out Red Alert, after seeing your excellent work on it (and your claim that it wasn't too tough!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take my fun seriously! Check out Red Alert, tell them I sent you, and get a bigger table- the board is a biggie!

      Delete