Thursday 23 January 2020

From SamuliS: Grenadiere (72 points)

Continuing with my Flames of War army update here is another platoon of grenadiere to replace some minis painted nearly ten years ago. Still with a very much late war flavor due to all the camo smocks and varied equipment, but without Panzerfausts or StG44's like all my other more newly painted grenadiers.


 
With these ready I now have enough MG armed infantry to fully replace the old models I painted when I got back into the hobby. After that it's just AT guns left and I have more or less everything updated from the infantry side!




Paintjob is fairly simple with a basecoat, fairly stark highlight and a brown wash to mute everything down. Fast enough to do large forces in a reasonable time and the colours pop enough when viewed on the gaming table. Some highlights are a bit stark and rough when viewed up close, but with smaller scales I find it hard to get a good balance there.

6 bases of 4 infantry, 2 HQ bases of 3 infantry and 3 Panzershrek bases of 2 infantry which adds up to 36 minis for 2 points a pop and bringing me 72 points closer to my goal!

Love these, great basing. Must improve mine now

9 comments:

  1. Fine work Samuli. I recognize this set of figures...I lament their loss from the Battlefront catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking Grenadiers Samuli! I like how 'punchy' they are - excellent approach in this scale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice unit - making me want to paint some of my FoW backlog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent looking troops!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nifty brushwork on the little guys.

    ReplyDelete