Saturday 21 March 2020

From TamsinP: A Flashy Ending (5 points)

Well then, Lady, Gentlemen (and Ray) the time has come for my final post of this year's Challenge. I must say it has been a blast and I've had great fun, even during the stressful time of the "vanishing pictures bug". There have been so many gorgeous entries to keep us going and some amusing (and downright bizarre) tales being told.

But on with my entry. As you may recall from my previous post, I did make a very good start on this figure before I sidetracked myself into painting those bits of WW2 scatter terrain (which earned me almost twice the points that my much more fiddly to paint buildings had...). Today, in between minion duties, watching my usual Friday videos on YouTube and cooking up a big batch of chilli (enough for six large portions - one in the fridge for tomorrow and five in the freezer) I set back to work on it and got all the highlights and metal details done.

So here you go, a well known fictional Victorian British officer:









The figure is from Studio Miniatures, but doesn't seem to be available at the moment.


Scoring for this is simple - one 28mm foot figure = 5 points.




Before I go, it is customary for me to do my "Votes of Thanks", to:

My fellow Challengers for all your wonderful posts, and for your comments.

Sidney for creating the map of Challenge Island which has kept us all so busy.

My fellow Cabin Crew, ermmm, Minions for all your hard work getting posts up and for not messing up Miles' Spreadsheet Of Doom (TM) too badly!

To our Sponsors for the great prizes that some of us will be receiving.

To Lady Sarah, our heroic aviator, for being such a good sport, for putting up with us and (not to forget) all your kind and encouraging comments.

And finally, it goes without saying, to Curt, our very own Lord of the Snow, for organising this once again; for recruiting a great team of Minions to look after everyone; for organising the sponsors and for managing the Snowlord's Peak challenges and rewards.

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!


Oh, and "Toodle-pip!

TamsinP
Senior Flight Attendant, signing out.


_____________________________________


Ahh, Tamsin, what a great final post. Flash looks tremendous, what with his handlebar moustache and dashing uniform. I'm sure there will be more than a few Challengers popping over to Studio Miniatures to see if he's come back in stock.

I am sorely indebted to you, Tamsin, for all your help this year. Work commitments (and now the health crisis) have kept me hopping this year and it was often you who jumped into the breach to keep this crazy ship on course. I thank you very much. I look forward to having you either as a member of our flight crew or hard-charging participant for Challenge XI.

Now, I need a little bit to get my final entry done to close the show.

-Curt




20 comments:

  1. Fantastic Flash and lovely last post. Thank you for all the minioning. See you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous rendition of my favourite Victorion hero, brilliant ending to the Challenge. Thanks for all your efforts and work keeping the Minions on track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a brilliant paint job on a lovely figure Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a nice paint job on Flashman! A good figure to end on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cracking final post Tamsin. You have been a star this Challenge, like always

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn your eyes! A lovely figure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Flashy, there, Tamsin! You've captured those colours perfectly. I'm a big fan of all the "Flashman Papers", and have, occasionally, found Mrs Roundwood chuckling over them from time to time. You've both clearly got excellent taste!

    Huge thanks to you for being a brilliant Minion, and really looking forward to seeing you at one of the wargames shows as soon as they start up again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tamsin: a wonderful final post. I'm not sure how you manage to always get the perfect colours, but you've done it again.

    I'd like to add my thanks, too, for all your work, brilliance, enthusiastic comments (is there any entry you've not commented on?), humour and great imagination. If there's ever another wargames show, I will look out for you with the aim of shaking your hand in thanks (possibly from two metres away!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work on Flashy! Thanks for keeping us sane (well mostly) and on target and you long hours at the minion helm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic work Tamsin! Really enjoyed following your progress this year again and am looking forward to what you have in store till the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Splendid version of Flashman!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Curt - thanks! I was just doing my bit to help out and make sure the Challenge went along as smoothly as possible. :)

    @ Scooba - cheers! You're welcome! :)

    @ Sander - thanks! :)

    @ Slowpainter - cheers! :)

    @ Robert - thanks! :)

    @ Martin - cheers!:)

    @ Barks - thanks! :)

    @ Jez - cheers! :)

    @ Sidney - thanks! I do hope to see you and some of the UK chaps later this year. :)

    @ Noel - cheers! There might be one or two posts that I missed commenting on. :)

    @ Peter - thanks! Sanity is over-rated. Wibble-wibble! :)

    @ Ray - cheers! :)

    @ Nick - thanks! I have no idea what my focus will be next year. :)

    @ Dave - cheers! :)

    @ Iain - thanks! :)

    @

    ReplyDelete
  13. Splendid work on old Flashy there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Evan - thanks! :)

    @ Christopher - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great work on this Tamsin, sorry I missed seeing this post during the chaos of the final flurry. Well done.

    ReplyDelete