Tuesday 22 December 2020

From PaulSS: [The Aquifer]Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck (30pts)


I had cleaned up and primed this pack of Warbases ducks for last years challenge but never did get around to starting them, so they make my initial entry in the Chambers of Challenge.

The Aquifer: Anything with a nautical, or waterbound, theme


I think that a duck pond likely fulfils these criteria.

The base is a 80x60mm MDF, also from Warbases the banks around the pond were built up using Polyfiller and a few loose rocks added, one of which in the pond (I missed a trick not adding a toad).


For the water effect I painted the bottom of the pond a very dark muddy brown and added a couple of glazes of dark green, once that was dry the pond was filled with heavy acrylic gel and allowed to dry overnight before the reeds and ducks were stuck in place.


The ducks are fairly large so I think it's probably worth about 10 points for the piece and another 20 bonus points for completing the location for a total of 30 points.

Now back to painting 28mm Napoleonics.

26 comments:

  1. Splendid looking ducks and nice take on the aquatic theme!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew everyone needed a Duck Pond, until now !
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece of scenery, the ducks are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A duck pond will fit on a lot of tables, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great little vignette! A great addition to any table.
    Lovely job Paul!

    I might make some additions to my next Warbases order now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realise how much I had been missing ducks on my tables- wonderful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Barks, get over to Warbases when they reopen their web store after the break.

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful scene to add to the table. I wonder if this is the most peaceful aquatic piece we'll see in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeremy, as for peaceful, have reproduce ;)

      Delete
  8. That's a neat little piece Paul!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete