Tuesday 9 February 2021

From StuartL - Sharks in SPAAACCE!! - 120 Points

Hello again.
The challenge is a great motivator to get stuff done for projects that have been languishing on the shelf for a while. As I find myself getting back into the Warhammer 40,000 setting a bit more, I have dug out some of my previously started forces and worked to give them a bit more paint. Being a bit of a marine fanboy, (not the new Primaris though, not my thing at all), I have long been interested in the Badab War part of the game lore. As a brief summary, 4 chapters of marines decide that they don't want to pay their taxes. The Imperium isn't having this and sends the bailiffs, in the form of more marines, to collect. 


One of the chapters fighting for the Imperium is the Space Sharks, or the Carcharodons Astra to give them their fancy name. In the original background they wore camouflaged armour and their symbol was a black shark viewed from the front.


In the later retelling in Imperial Armour Volumes 9 and 10, their armour was portrayed as being a mix of greys and white, and their chapter logo became a curled shark in profile. They were shown to have pacific island-esque iconography on their armour. I have done my best to free hand both designs onto the armour.


With a name like Space Sharks, the chapter has a reputation for bloody frontal assaults, which I have tried to represent with blood splatter on the front of the armour and weapons. Tamiya Clear Red is great for this kind of thing and is well worth picking up for all your gore related needs.


And here we have all 24 of the models lined up. Rather than paint the models by unit, I have instead just dragged out a large pile of minis at random to paint up. As I don't like to play with unpainted plastic (The irony of painting grey plastic grey is not lost on me), I figure that having a bunch of half painted units will encourage me to get the rest done sooner rather than later.

Anyway, 24x 28mm minis puts 120 points onto my overall score and also onto my GW minis side duel. Between them they are sporting 72 skulls, which also adds to my side duel. As I have previously painted models for different 40K armies, these sadly don't qualify for a Squirrel point.

My running Duels totals:
GW Points - 796
Skullz - 446
Squirrels - 13


6 comments:

  1. Nicely done Stuart! The Badab War - very cool setting, neat to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's the skullz we've been waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking space sharks,nice bunch of skulls too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine looking bunch, good show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, now I’ve got the Jaws theme as an earworm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharks in Space had me reet excited, a bit disappointed Stuart that they aren't actually Sharks in Space 😉 great job on the Space Wombles 👏
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete