Sunday 4 April 2021

Iain W 28mm challenge roundup

 I set out to get some more gendarmes done and try and kickstart my Napoleonic project which has stalled a bit,  I  also wanted to try and comment on every post, like I did last challenge. I've largely succeeded ,I only missed  one  post and managed to paint 47 Italian wars mounted figures, 50 mounted Napoleonic figures and 8 war of three Kingdoms cuirassiers all of course in 28mm. I usually have an aversion to cavalry, preferring infantry ,so it's been a good exercise sticking to cavalry for the whole challenge .


Pretty pleased with my output, could really do with a haircut now though!

I'll pack your landsknecht commander up now Peter, I just wanted to keep him out for the group shot.

I decided this time not to take part in  the Chambers ,  as I  still have half finished bits of challenge island knocking around the shed from the last challenge and I wanted to push through and paint cavalry but I have to say it was very entertaining to see some pretty impressive attempts to bend ,twist and generally distort the chamber definition!

As always it's been great fun being part of the collective, so thank you Curt, minions and everyone who commented and provided me with a splendid display of figures to view throughout the winter ,roll on next year!

All the best 

Iain W 

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great result Iain, and thanks ever so much for all your kind remarks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Iain. Really honoured that your Landscheckt commander figure is winging my way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will be as happy when you get him!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Great to see you and all you produced and thanks so much for all of the valuable feedback you provided over the past few months

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Iain! And thank you so much for the supportive comments, it helps to keep the energy going - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the others Iain: your comments really keep us motivated. Your cavalry entries were mighty inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. T'was a great Challenge from you this time round Iain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous work Iain. I hadn't realized you did all cavalry this year until now! That's an achievement all in itself. Also, thank you for commenting as much as you did - as Greg says, it really helps keep the energy up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt! Yes made a bit of a change doing all cavalry!
      Best Iain

      Delete