Saturday 8 January 2022

From ScottM: Skaro, Klendathu and a Trip (75 pts)

My first foray into the Quadrant system finds me at Skaro (strange doctors and weird robots). For this location I went with a Stargrave Medic. This 28mm metal fig is from North Star Military Figures.



From there, we went to Klendathu, the bug world. For this I went with a Wizkids Ankheg. This 28mm plastic fig is from their extensive Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures range. This figure will go nicely with the giant red ants I painted in last year's challenge.




And finally we take book a trip on Sarah's Star Yacht to the planet Vulcan. Our toll for the trip is this Stargrave Hacker. This 28mm metal fig is another in the North Star Military Figures' Stargrave range.



Next week, we'll continue our journey around the Outer Ring.

So that should be:
3 - 28mm foot figs = 15 points
3 locations (Skaro, Klendathu, Star Yacht) = 60 points
Total = 75 points

From Millsy

What a great collection of characters Scott! Stargrave is on my radar to try at some point and you're not helping my resistance unfortunately. The medic is brilliant, looking like he's balancing his options - scan negative, you get treated vs. scan positive, you get TREATED. Using an Ankheg as an alien bug is a moment of pure genius too and he (she?) is the perfect counterpart for your red ants.

75 points added to your tally mate and well done!

14 comments:

  1. Loving the paint jobs, I have recently got my copy of Stargrave after picking up the plastics on the Kickstarter, Great range of figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice painting on all three of them but the Ankheg is easily my favourite. The colour combo is sublime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection and trip around the Outer ring Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work. Quite like the cooked lobster red of the space bug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely mix of figures, I know I will be succumbing to stargrave at some point!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done Scott. Your bug is seriously creepy.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, the bug is particularly cool 😎

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done a great job on those figures.

    ReplyDelete